1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod chip turning off

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Pat_b_30, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

i found out how to play xbox live with the modchip but i can't figure out how to turn my chip off using a switch. i have the xenium ice solderless 2.0.

thanx

2. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

You need to go to the "Launch Menu" and "Add New Item" .. then select "TSOP" .. pick a name.. and now you have the option to boot to the Retail Bios!

3. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

thanx a lot gtaxbox but i have one more question it will work im sure but i dont have the retail dashboard on my new hdd but i dowloaded it on to my pc from the internet so can i transfer it to my hdd and it will still work? and if so in what folder do i put it in

4. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

The main xbe goes in the root of the c: drive. The retail bios looks for C:\xboxdash.xbe. Additionally, you need the 2 font files Xbox.xtf and Xbox Book.xtf in c:.

And finally, 4 folders go into C:....
    \Audio,
    \fonts,
    \xboxdashdata.<version #>, and
    \xodash.

5. Pat_b_30

Pat_b_30 Guest

my chip turns off from the menu screen (its a xenium ice 2.0) so how do i access the original dashboard in the c: file since i want to use xbox live and how do i get back on my chip menu to turn the chip back on

thanx a lot for all the help