1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Chip turns on/off 3x then blinks red and green

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by CNHolbein, Oct 27, 2004.

1. CNHolbein

CNHolbein Member

I have a Matrix modchip and it just recently started acting up on me.

What happens:
    I turn the power on, it turns off.
    Xbox reboots itself and turns off itself.
    It does this three times.
    The xbox then flashes the LED red and green.

I don't know anything about how to reflash my modchip if that's what's needed to be done.

Please tell me how I can get my xbox up and running again. Thanks

2. KNOC

KNOC Member

Im having the same problem. I just installed it yesterday everything was good now it is doing that.
    Damon

3. genocidal

genocidal Member

Yo im having the same problem .. i tried installing my Aladdin Live with a sodderless adapter and my box turns on and off by it self 3x then the 3rd time it goes on and nothing happens u hear the hdd and the eject is blinking red and green.... and when u try to eject or anythin it doesnt...

4. klinkman

klinkman Member

Hey guys, that means there is a boot problem as you probably know. Chances are that there is a bad connection to your chip IE, bad sauder (sp??), or bad pin or somthing. If you are sure that is not it, then you need to reflash your bios on your chip. Be sure you know what version your xbox is!! If you have a new xbox a lot of the mod chips have different installs for the newest version compared to older versions. Good luck!

5. KNOC

KNOC Member

Ok how do i reinstall bios on the chip? im really new to this also keep in mind i may have limited resouces. thanks again
    Damon

6. bboy_jig

bboy_jig Member

For everything you need to know about xbox modding check out www.xbox-scene.com, this isnt a commercial its just where I go whenever I had any sort of problem

7. Cerious

Cerious Member

This is the same problem I am having. But when I boot up it gives me a error code of 16. I reflashed the chip and it aligns up giving me a green light. But when I boot up a cd or the hard drive nothing. Any body know how to fix this???????

8. KNOC

KNOC Member

Im in the military in europe and i do not have the capabilities to go to that website because i use the library computers, and "games" is filtered, if i could get any info that would be greatly appreciated.
    Damon

9. klinkman

klinkman Member

Depends on what chip you have installed. Most of the time you have a cable that you connect it to your computer with, or as with my chip, you can boot into a flashing mode, and burn the bios to a cd and it will do it for you when you put it in the xbox. So what kind of chip do you have?

10. Cerious

Cerious Member

Hey guys I just fixed my matrix box. I flashed it with the xodus programmer and the d6 bios. Besure to put in in mode 1 when you align it up and make sure it blinks green. Then change over to mode 2 and there you go. Everything works great now, have any questions pm me.

11. KNOC

KNOC Member

I have the zenium ice chip from modchipstore.com
    thanks again
    Damon

12. bigman313

bigman313 Member

I haven't moded my x-box but i'm having the same problems. If anyone can can help me I would appreciate
    it. Thanx.