1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Chip? Which One?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mcsincnj, Mar 4, 2005.

1. mcsincnj

mcsincnj Member

My son wants a mod chip for his Xbox - I can ony find the manufacture date of 10-26-02 and not sure where to find the version number. I have pc-hardware experience but have been reluctant to make this change for him. I want the easiest possible solution. Can anyone help?
    Thanks

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Get one with solderless adapter. X2.6CE will be fine.

3. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

the best hands down chip is the Xacuter3 chip:

http://www.extreme-mods.com/xecuter-3-ce-modchip-p.html

with a solderless adapter:

http://www.extreme-mods.com/xapt3r-solderless-adapter-p.html

thats gonna be easy enough. and its the best chip on the market....but, if u dont wanna shell out the 80+ dollars for those...then get the XENIUM ICE solderless

http://www.extreme-mods.com/xenium-ice-solderless-p.html

now that being said, putting the chip in is the easiest there is to do. you have to replace the hdd with a bigger one. that requires alot of software work.

you have to flash the chip with the CORRECT bios

u need a dashboard.
    u need the programs to copy games.

it takes more then just technical savvy, you need someone or someplace to provide you with all the neccassary links and/or programs. its a pain in the butt. I suggest that if you dont know what im talking about right now, then you should do alot or research before investing the 150+ dollars in parts.

g'luck.

4. Kain462

Kain462 Member

I have just been told about modding xboxs'. One of my friends has his xbox modded and it seems like a great idea to have it. I wanted to do this to my xbox but i just dont know what it all does. I will be buying a 160G hard drive. And i want to see what mod chip i want. And what does the mod chip do other than get games.. I have also been told that you can rent games from where ever put them into your xbox and copy it? plz get back to me

thank you
    Kain

5. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

it would be illegal to just go "rent" games. while its possible, its also against the law.

as for what a mod chip does...ugh...its one of those things no one wants to explain 4 the 1000th time..u should really do some research on it all, to see how it works. have ur buddy give u the lowdown.

(ps. in short, a modchip redirects the xbox to your custom Bios, instead of the original, allowing you to do all the manipulation u need to do...of course its more detailed then that..but that gives u an idea)

6. Kain462

Kain462 Member

thx i will do all of that
    Kain

7. mcsincnj

mcsincnj Member

In a previous post [bold] gsuscrazy [/bold] reccommended the following items - Xacuter3 chip & solderless adapter -
    I purchased these two mods for the Xbox and now I need to locate a good pictorial / tutorial to install them - do you have a link for them - I would really appreciate the help.
    Thanks

8. fury_fire

fury_fire Member

Hey guys.
    I recently bought a modded Xbox with and Aladdin Live ModChip in it. Out of all the modchips I have seen, this one has done the trick for me. It is compatible with most systems and can be used to run EvoX. Also, you can easily make a disabler switch for it to enable Live! playing. Just make sure that you turn the chip off when you want to play Xbox Love!

9. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Xenium Ice, Xecuter 3, or the Smartxx!! I have both the Xenium and another Xbox 1.3 with the X3 and both are freaking amazing chips!! The Smartxx LT OPX is going to take over as the best modchip this year...add to the fact that it's only 30 bucks and you get a ton of features that you would only expect on an 70 dollar modchip.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  10. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Mcs, you have an xbox verion 1.0. There are 9 Kernel/bios versions of Xbox: Xbox version 1.0: 3944(USA only) 4034, 4036, and 4627........Xbox version 1.1: 4817, 4972....Xbox version 1.2-1.5: 5101, 5713.....and finally Xbox version 1.6 has Kernel 5838.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  11. mickrick

mickrick Member

Try the tutorials on http://www.teamxecuter.com, you should find all you need to know there.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  12. Kain462

Kain462 Member

I have bought a X3 and i was reading some on the chip the 256 K backup does anybody know what it is?
    what does it do?

Thanks
    Kain

13. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

The 256K is a backup flashBios that is a failsafe measure in case you mess up the flash in all the banks, the 256K bacnkup will bring you back to flashbios screen to flash another BIOS into any bank. If you try to boot from a bank that was not properly flashed, the flashbios will take over and bring you to the flashbios screen.

14. philipman

philipman Regular member

I like the x-bit the best.

15. Kain462

Kain462 Member

I have another question.
    I know have my xbox modded and i need to flash the BIOS and i dont know witch file to flash.
    ne help? or ideas?

Thanks
    Kain

16. mickrick

mickrick Member

Use #XBINS to dl BIOS v3029 which comes in .bin format and can be installed from cdrw. Use the xbox scene tutorials to find out hw to get access to #XBINS.

17. tipotip

tipotip Member

Xenium Ice is a better chip.

Take your time to read up about it. Going with any other chip is probably a waist of time

18. spyman

spyman Regular member

19. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

xennium ice is a very nice chip with alot of features

20. mickrick

mickrick Member

tiptop wrote:

Just as a matter of interest, why would "going with any other chip" probably be a waste of time?