1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod/Hard Drive Question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Railroad5, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Railroad5

Railroad5 Member

I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I also hope this hasn't been asked 1000 times already. Ok here goes:

I'm seriously interested in buying a pre-modded Xbox console with a 250 GB hard drive. I've heard of ways to turn off the chip so that it cannot be detected by Xbox Live and ban the console. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be possible to do this with the Xbox I want and what do I need to do this. I already know about Microsoft being able to detect the hard drive was well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone could give me some tips or links to info on great things to do with a modded console. Thanks.

2. modster

modster Regular member

hi there,

you can achieve this with the Xecuter 3 CE modchip and the new bios flash release version 2913 or later (2914 newest one). It also depends on what version of xbox you have. v 1.0 - 1.5 you need 2913 or 2914 and v1.6 - 1.6b you need 2914_16plus.

You have to make sure that the LBA is enabled in the bios setting after you flash the bios.

The X3 CE can be disabled. and you have to take out the 250MB drive and put the original HD back if you want to go Live.

But I would recommend the Xecuter 3 CE (about $69 dollars including shipping) and installing it takes about 2 hours...remember to take your time installing the chip so that you can learn the inside of the xbox.

hopes this help

3. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Just to point out he was thinking about buying a premodded xbox not install it himself (would be cheaper if you did though). To save you the trouble of opening the xbox or leaving it open you could buy a ide cable that supports 4 different items (so you could have one end to the mobo, next to the dvd-drive, next to the stock hdd, and then extend the cable outside the xbox (doing some cutting of course) to the 200 gb hdd. Then get a little flip switch attached to the power between the two hdd's so you can flip it on or off (or switching it from one to the other as easy as that) you would just have to remember to turn off the modchip before going to live.

Degalle
    (www.llamma.com has a kit for the dual hdd's)