1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mod help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by james111, Feb 7, 2005.

1. james111

james111 Regular member

im getting a x-box soon but i want to already get my modchip for it which should i get i want one that can play online and can save games to my HDD which should i get?

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i've heard all kinds of good things about the Xenium ICE. i'm sure it has the ability to be turned off so you can play on live. the Xecuter 3 is also a good chip. the chip doesn't save games to your hdd, it just gives you the ability to do so, and they all do that.

3. james111

james111 Regular member

i want a solder-less one or one with little solding to do

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

if you have a version 1.6 xbox the spiderchip is the only chip that will work solderless...all the other chips must be soldered in on 1.6 xbox's.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2005
  5. james111

james111 Regular member

where did you get it?

6. james111

james111 Regular member

i found it at www.modchipstore.com but i want to know how does the saving games to HDD work?

7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

i have a xecuter 3 soldered in....i was just telling you that if you have a 1.6 the spiderchip is your only option if you want solderless....basically you flash your chip with a hacked bios, this lets you install a new dashboard...with the new dash you can install apps that will copy games to your hd...the dash will also let you play those games off of the hd without the disc...however if you use the stock xbox hd, you can only put 2 games or so on there...that is why many people choose to upgrade their hd...most people use 120gig and up....you should really read up on all this stuff rather than just asking...google works like a charm.