1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Recommendations Please!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by labragg1, Feb 22, 2007.

1. labragg1

labragg1 Member

Ok--I have a fairly unused original xbox that has been sitting in my closet for quite a while.
    I was thinking about using it for media purposes and like the looks of the XBMC.

So...... what exactly do I need? I don't really want to softmod, so I don't mind soldering, but some of the the solderless mods look a lot easier.
    I don't care about Xbox Live and have never used it--so i don't care about losing that.

Here's what I want to be able to do.
    Install a larger HD (120gb or larger)
    Play games
    Watch ripped DVD's (.vob's, divx,xvid)
    Play mp3's and wmv's, etc. (playlists)

What exactly do I need? I mainly want the multimedia features and just want to be able to stream stuff from my computer.

I'm new to the mod scene and just want to make sure I get it right the first time.

Thanks

2. acidy

acidy Regular member

Well if you want all these, you need to fit a mod-chip to your xbox.
    My recommendation would be an "Xecuter 2.6 CE" (Solderless is also available). It is the best "under your budget" mod-chip.

But if your budget is tight, you can take the "Duo X2" mod-chip.

But if you have alot of money to shell out then you can buy the "Xecuter 3 CE" mod-chip. It is the best mod-chip around, for the xbox.

A mod-chipped is any time better then a softmodded xbox !!! After you fit the mod-chip you can put whichever hard-drive you want and if you want to play all those ripped DVDs etc., then you must have a samsung hard-drive along with the "XBMC" software for your xbox.

Here is how to identify your hard-drive :-
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=17216