1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod Xbox using a CD-R, and Xbox dash files?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by corn, Dec 4, 2006.

1. corn

corn Guest

I was wondering, could I mod my Xbox using only Nero, and burning a bootable disk? I would burn the files, but I don't know were I can get them.
    Thanks!
    Corn

2. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

first xbox only reads cd-rw and dvd disks. get aid (auto installer deluex) first then get qwix iso maker then get some dvd or cd-rw disks on now if u r still with me lets go on

1 make iso of a.i.d using qwix
    2 burn using nero at 4x speed choose make data disk
    3 put in xbox and say ur prayers
    4 good luck.....

3. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

i wish i could help u more dude but i dont know where to get them i hade all the links emailed to me and i deleted the email sorry.
    search for acidy he is good with this and probably could tell you where to get the stuff

4. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

No not CD-R but yea DVD+R and DVD-R or CD-RW

5. corn

corn Guest

Ok thank you.
    Also, can you install Windows on your Xbox?
    I won't but I thought there was a slim possibility.

Thanks!
    Corn

6. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

7. corn

corn Guest

Didn't think so..
    Well anyways, I have some CD-RW disks, but they all have files on them.
    I'm afraid of deleting them and then putting the files on them,because my my Xbox would be at risk.
    I think..

8. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

What do u wanna put on your xbox?

9. corn

corn Guest

I just want to mod it..
    And put maps, but I don't wanna FTP.
    I looked at your guide, and thats why I am asking if I can use a plain old CD-R disk.

10. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

Ohh well u can always copy the files to your PC then empty out your CR-RW

11. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

just buy action replay to put the files on your hdd its like $20.00 and you can do other stuff on ar too. i have ar i just dloaded it and made an old controller into a ar adapter. i use the memory slot in the controller and sottered a usb connection at the other end my ar = FREE

pan5y i like ur sig

12. corn

corn Guest

I know, but I am afraid since the disk has been used, it will loose quality, and mess up.

The disks are Verbatim CD-RW DataLife+

13. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

buy action replay or i can teach u how to make an old controller into an ar. all you need is an controller, memory card and some sotter skils, then use like limewire and dload action replay.

14. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

so would you like me to help you. it is very easy i did it and im 13... ill send u the link of the tut. if u would like

15. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

or you can hotswap the files on ur hdd.. i did that too it was kinda easy, just risk of electrical shock, lol and opening your box and voiding the warenty.

16. corn

corn Guest

Well how do you hotswap?

17. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

ok dont try to hotswap yet its a good way to mess something up if you do it wrong but ill try to burn a boot disc on a dvd-r and a dvd+r and try them but using a previously used CD-RW should not hurt your xbox as long as you use a program to completely erase the disc dont just do the quick way

18. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

hotswap is when u xurn on ur xbox with it apart then right when it goes to the xbox logo with the microsoft logo under it u unplug ur xbox hard drive then plug it in to ur pc... ill send u the link this is the basic version u have to get programs and stuff...

19. corn

corn Guest

20. steveo129

steveo129 Guest

yea use hotswap as a last resort. i messed up my xbox with softmods and couldent get my dash so everyone told me to hotswat, but first i tried everything else possable first then nothing worked so i hotswaped and thatk god it worked. no my xbox is fine