1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Kinesis, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

I recently found out that a new modchip is coming out, its called the SmartXX V3, all the websites that have a review of it say things like "this is much better than the Xecuter 3CE" or "this can do everything the Xecuter 3Ce can do and much more". I was wondering should i get the new SmartXX V3 or stick with the Xecuter 3Ce?

Also if anyone happens to know, is the SmartXX V3 compatible with the Xecuter Control Panel?

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

personally, I stick with X3.

3. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

How come? All the websites that have a review of SmartXX V3 say that it is an overall better modchip than the Xecuter 3CE

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I did not compare the x3 vs Smartxx. 2 very important options that x3 has ftp and config live. I dont know smartxx has them or not.

5. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Im really not sure though because all the websites say that the new SmartXX V3 is better than the Xecuter 3CE

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

give couple of links. I will read to see why smartxx is better.

7. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hmm it is pretty good. So it is up to you.

9. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Hmmmmm. I read on the official Team Smart website and on the FAQ section, it says that the SmartXX V3 doesn't support modding Halo 2.

Here is the link:

http://faq.smartxx.com/index.php?article=

One more thing: Say you have installed the Xecuter 3CE modchip, do you have to flash the BIOS?

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

every chip you need to flash bios after install.

11. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Yea you need to flash the BIOS to what ever bios you want

12. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Can you tell me how to flash the BIOS and can you also tell me what BIOS I should flash to

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

14. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Thanks man

15. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

I heard something about when you are modding Halo 2, you have to unrar files using Winrar. What does all this mean? Can you tell me how to do it or give me a link to a tutorial?

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I dont know about modding halo2

17. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Ok. If you happen to find anything on unraring files though, can you tell me thanks

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

google winrar. download and install it on pc. So when you download a file.rar, you can open and extract it. It is simple just do it.

19. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Cool Thanks

20. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Ive just been reading a tutorial on creating a BIOS file for the Xbox on www.xboxscene.com, and it says that you have to download a program called Xecuter 2 BIOS Manager (which i understand) then it says you have to click on the import button four times. This i dont understand, it says you have to import the correct BIOS that you want, and i dont know which one i should import, and whether or not i need to download these BIOS's. I REALLY NEED HELP!!