1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchip Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Kinesis, Mar 16, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

YES you can. go to my page by follow the link on my sig. then look for "download xbox files" click on it. Go there then goto dashboard section download dashboards.

Then you can ftp dashboard to C drive on xbox.

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

autoinstaller disk has everything.

3. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Ill just use the autoinstaller, it sounds much easier. When i have burnt the autoinstaller, do i have to upload it to my xbox HDD? if so, how do i do that?

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

5. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Ok. I understand everything now. Ill just find a tutorial on Nero on the net. Thanks for everything, i cant express how much i appreciate your help. Thanks man, you rock.

Ill post again soon when another problem arises......

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

No problems.

7. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

One more thing, does using a solderless adapter have any advantages (other than the fact that you dont have to use a soldering iron) over using a normal modchip that you have to solder to install?

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Yes. with solderless adapter, easier to install modchip. Plus you dont mess up motherboard as it will be clean.

9. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Ok cool. How do i transfer files from my xbox to my computer so that i can create backup files? And how do i transfer files from my xbox to my pc?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2006
  10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

11. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Ok i understand that now. Just say i wanted to make it so that Halo 2 was on my xbox HDD, so i didnt have to use the disc. How would i actually put Halo 2 onto my HDD?

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you can use dvd2xbox. You can run it in xobx after you install dashboard.

13. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Can the autoinstaller install DVD2XBOX?

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

yes. it is in the apps.

15. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Cool, so when DVD2XBOX appears after i installed it when i put a game in the disc tray, it will come up with some options, and one of them is "Copy to HDD" is this correct?

16. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

17. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Thanks for all your help

18. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Oh, one last thing. When i have downloaded an Xecuter BIOS from XBins, do i have to unrar it using winRAR? And do i have to put the BIOS on to my Xbox if i am going to flash it via HTTP?

If i have to put it in my Xbox, when i have burnt an Xecuter BIOS to a CD/DVD, when i put it in my xbox what will happen?

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

just leave it on PC then flash with network. You can also burn it to CD with at least a 200MB dummy file. So Xbox can read the CD. otherwise the bios is too small, xbox will not read the cd. Follow instruction to burn it.

20. Kinesis

Kinesis Guest

Apparently, say i modded a halo 2 map or something, people say i need to patch it up. What does this mean?