1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modchip with v1.4 bios in v1.6 xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by dennisv9, Jul 2, 2009.

1. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

i've got a modchip out of an old v1.4 xbox. i want to put it into my v1.6 xbox. soldering it in will not be the problem. but it still has the old v1.4 xbox bios on it. will that be a problem? can i just solder it in or do i need to reflash the v1.4 bios with a compatible v1.6 bios?

so old xbox v1.4 with modchip (with a compatible v1.4 bios, evox m8!). i will take the modchip out of that xbox and need to put it into a v1.6 xbox (that will need an evox m8 1.6 bios to run). can i reflash the modchip after i soldered it into the v1.6 xbox or do i need to do that beforehand!?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

What you need to do is restore the chip to factory.. with the flashbios 3.0.3 on it.. that will allow you to flash it once it's installed. If it is a multi bank chip you can flash bank2 with the 1.6 bois as it is now in the working 1.4

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
  3. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

what if i just flash it with v1.6 now? off course it will not work in the v1.4, but i have to take it out that box anyway? i've downloaded flashbios 3.0.3 is there an easy way of flashing it back to the chip? or what is the normal procedure of flashing it? i normally use the slayer disc to flash bios files.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  4. varnull

varnull Guest

the slayers has a hdd source option to flash from if I remember right.. so you should be able to use that to flash anything you want to the chip. I'n just a little wary of the 1.6 bios as it might conflict with the 1.4 hardware during flashing.

5. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

i'll look to see which bios files are installed on the slayer disc, if needed i will put the 3.0.3 file there (or try the raincoat installer or something alike). i will do that first before taking the modchip out and soldering it into my v1.6.
    your info is appreciated.....

mmm.. i tried to flash it with raincoat, that failed....
    mmm... i also tried evox to flash, didn't work either (put the bios file in the bios directory, gave unknown flash type)
    mmmm... needed to add a zillion lines in evox.ini, but it worked. flashed it back to flashbios 3.0.3.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009