1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modchips

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by HawkEyez, Jun 20, 2004.

1. HawkEyez

HawkEyez Member

Hi, iv been thinking of buying a modchip for my Xbox for a while now. Ive searched around but i cant still decide which chip to get. So id thought id post on here to see what you all think is the best recommend chip and which are best for certain purposes etc or which are best in terms of price etc, i hope im not asking for too much.

2. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

Xecuter 2.3b Lite, they're easy to install, great chip, and only $30 @ modchipman.com (dont get a 2.3b Lite Plus)

3. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

Xenium chips are very good as well. They are more advanced then the Xecuter2.3B LITE, the Xenium is a 4th Generation chip with its own OS where the Xecuter 2.3B LITE chip is 3rd generation without a built in OS.

The OS Has some pretty cool features like a built in FTP so you can transfer from xbox to xbox without having to flash the chip with a new bios. They are coming out with a media player that will be built into the OS soon that is capable of playing mp3s and DivX, XviD vcd svcd etc.

If anyone is thinking of getting a chip for their system this would be the one for you, it is the most Advanced out there and it is Newbie and Pro friendly :)

I got my Xenium for $49.40 from http://www.xbox-modchips.com/xenium.htm

They also have a solderless version for $59 or so but I would recommend you solder in the chip for a better more stable connection.

4. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

For $20 less, you don't really need an OS, plus the X2.3b Lite has 2 banks! lol

5. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

The xenium has 2 as well...

You do not need an OS but its sorta nice... The Xecuter3 that will be out in the next 2 - 3 months has its own OS just like the Xenium chips, so an OS chip seems to be the new thing hehe

but yes the Xecuter2.3B LITE works just as well.

6. al8man

al8man Guest

also if you plan on playing on xbox live i don't know if the solderless adapter will need to have the d0 wire soldered

7. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

A SOLDERLESS adaptor will not need to be SOLDERED. They have the DO point on them, very sharp. btw, solderless ones are crap.

8. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

They may not be as good as a soldered in chip but they are far from crap. They do work, and they are great for people that do not want to solder anything into their system. Especially those who may want to remove the mod at a later time.

Also its far better for a newbie that has no soldering experience, but they want to mod their xbox themselves. I personally think its better to have newbies use a solderless install then attempt an install with a soldering iron, which more then likely will end up in a b0rked xbox main board which is never fun.

Also if you have your xbox on a shelf or tv stand and you do not move it around tooo much the chip will be fine.

But if you or someone you know can solder then go for solderless.

Even TechTV recommends Solderless chips:

http://www.g4techtv.com/feature.aspx?article_key=31913

9. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

My box travels alot. My box was my first attempt at modding, and it turned out sweet, just took ALOT of time soldering the usb ports, and the chip in!