1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded xbox (Evox), tried to sign in to xbox live now always starts up with M$ dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mosportd, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mosportd

mosportd Guest

hey guys i recently bought a modded xbox that had evox on it and my buddy tried to sign in to xbox live now everytime i start up the xbox it brings me to the M$ dashboard instead of my evox.
    i've tried installing evox from both slayers install package and AID package but nothing seems to be working cause after i install them they bring me back to M$... any help would be great

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to our humble abode. However, thread title renamed from "xbox help!", a title in a forum of the same name is as bad as "Please Help". In future please see here about thread titles ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/440385

I'm no expert on xbox live, in fact had never used it on old xboxes, just on 360's, but i'll wager that signing in or trying to sign in will have changed something ie you'll need to softmod again and not go onto live with Evox in future.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  3. mosportd

mosportd Guest

yeah i dont blame him for doing it cause theres no way he could of know but i did try sofmodding and i still cant get anything out of it...but if i insert the AID disc in then i have to go to boot dashboard off C: it does work that way but i dont want to have to do that everytime i restart the xbox

4. creaky

Just re-check/redo the softmod, see my signature for details. Can't remember exactly what it's called, there's a Dual boot softmod, that way you can boot the MS Dash (usually by pressing the eject button on the console) to access live without problems ie it's as if you're unmodded, and switch on via little power button for the rest of the time ie boot up modded. That's the way i softmod all my machines and have never had a softmod messed up or removed; as i say i've never used live with an old type xbox but as far as i know you're safe as long as you go on live in unmodded mode.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  5. mosportd

mosportd Guest

oh i have no worries about using live i have a pretty good pc for playing against people. i just want the evox dashboard back

6. creaky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.