1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modded xbox freezing

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by durodog, Dec 6, 2004.

1. durodog

durodog Member

recently purchased a modded xbox loaded with evolution x, ive tried using all utilities to copy halo2,starwars battlefront and gta vice city to the hard drive, when i play them from the hard drive, the screen will freeze within 10 to 15 minutes of any game i play, im new to this, so i would appreciate some help, ive searched for help here but was unable to find any, my help desk people said to try reloading but it hasnt worked

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

How big is your Xbox hdd? It may be overloaded.

3. durodog

durodog Member

its a 120gig hd, and its only got 3 games on it

4. b0yjones

b0yjones Guest

Talk to the people who you bought it from, could be a problem with the harddrive. But for more information check http://www.xbox-scene.com, there they have all sorts of articles/tutorials anything you could ask for.

5. fifagod

fifagod Member

I just modded my xbox yesterday, and every game i try to play, the game freezes about 10 mins into it, ive tried it with 5 different games and the longest it has ran 4 is 30 mins, but now it freezes every 10 mins to 15 mins, in different parts of the game, in driv3r it freezes a couple of mins when u enter a city, in halo 2 it freezes in between check points, fifa 2005 froze half way through my 4th match in season mode. does anyone no how to fix this problem, could it be corruption of the game files when they are being transfered over because the game where given to me via networking my xbox with a friend?

6. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

What bios are you using??

7. b0yjones

b0yjones Guest

Sounds to me you need to check out
    http://www.xbox-scene.com, they have plenty of tutorials, and fourmns that involve Xbox freezing. Are you running the game off of your HD, if so try burning it onto a DVD.

8. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

It is probably because your bios is old. An old bios can tend to have problems with alot of the newer games...

9. fifagod

fifagod Member

my bios isnt old,and it also stuffs up with old games like top spin and halo 1, so even if it was the bios it shouldnt affect the older games. It also freezes after the same length of time when i play a game from the original disk

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  10. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

check lens ; dont use scratched games ; also changing in system settings under video game region to auto and in enigmah videomode switchdisk to other version