1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modded xbox problems Please Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Jamestex, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Jamestex

Jamestex Member

Hi im new here and im hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction, I bought a modded xbox and i think its xecuter2 will i have everything on it and i was downloading a game on it and it dubed fine well i learned i could rest to the main menu of the xbox by holding all the buttons down well i did that another day and it threw me to a screen thats say there a problem, now when i turn my xbox on it goes to that and not my menu that has all the emulators and hdd info. It just throws up failed to launch or tried to launch and failed, but the weird thing is i can still put in a xbox game burned or org. and it plays. PLEASE HELP ASAP i dont want to throw it if it works

2. varnull

varnull Guest

You screwed up your dash files.. turn the chip off.. do you get the stock M$ dash loading?

If that works and you can still boot burns search out and burn slayers2.6 .. then turn the chip on and boot the disk.. what you want to do is install evox to C: .. nothing else.

3. Jamestex

Jamestex Member

Im sorry im not sure what your saying how do i turn this "Chip" off and now that you say that Ive seen that evox pop up before just not all the time, when i turn the system on it has the custom blue x but it does not say excuter on the bottom like it use to

4. varnull

varnull Guest

There should be a bank of 3 switches.. the one on the left turns the chip on and off.. why don't you google xecuter 2.6 and have a look at the chip guides?

5. Jamestex

Jamestex Member

Ok ill do that, so i open the xbox and look for 3 switches what does that do reset it?

6. varnull

varnull Guest

the switch should be on the outside.. open it up.. you might not have a chip at all ;)

7. Jamestex

Jamestex Member

OHHHHH I see well its just cause i got all the emulators and the menu has were to go and what to select, so you got any idea if i open it and there is not a chip

8. varnull

varnull Guest

Yes.. there are a few other things we can do.. no such thing as a complete brick if it still starts.

I have a strange feeling it's had what is known as a TSOP flash.. the xecuter on the dash is a bit of a clue that it's not likely to be a softmod. Once you get it open work out which version it is if there is no chip to be seen... easy to do.. http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions_1.php

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
  9. Jamestex

Jamestex Member

Ok thanks ill try that, and get with you later man thanks alot

10. varnull

varnull Guest

Cool.. have a dig around inside and see what turns up.. then post with findings and we can take it from there.

11. Jamestex

Jamestex Member

man im sorry but how do you open the xbox up i unscrewed the two screws were do i start to open it at

12. varnull

varnull Guest

4 more under the rubber feet XD

13. Jamestex

Jamestex Member

aww i see ok well i gotta wait until tommorrow i dont have the right tools, i wish there was another way so i wouldnt have to take it apart