1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by xxopenxx, Nov 21, 2004.

1. xxopenxx

xxopenxx Member

First Off Lemme Say I Have A Modded PS2 Which Works Great. However I Now Want Got An XBOX.

I Just Bought An XBOX Earlier Today 11/20/04 Which Came With The 2 Games Top Spin And NCAA Football 2005.

Here Are My Questions:

1) Does Any1 Know What Version This XBOX Is Or How I Can Find Out?

2) Are There Any Compatible Modchips And If So Which One(s)?

Thanks A Lot-
    - xxopenxx

2. xxopenxx

xxopenxx Member

Is There Any1 Who Can Help?

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

It's most likely you have the version 1.6b XBOX. Check out xbox-scene.com for more info.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2004
  4. xxopenxx

xxopenxx Member

Are There Any Modchips Compatible With It? (I Don't Mind A LITTLE Soldering [10 or LESS])

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

6. ddrhazy

ddrhazy Member

I just got a 1.6b version xbox modded with an executer clone modchip(aladdin advance) and the bios flash was done fine.

I did encounter a problem where the xbox isn't reading burnt xbox games(the game works in my friends modded xbox but not mine).

The guy who did the modding of my xbox says that the optical drive may not accept all types of media, and that it needs media that is dark in purple.

Otherwise it rips games onto the hard drive fine and it the hacked bios boots well.

7. xxopenxx

xxopenxx Member

"I just got a 1.6b version xbox modded with an executer clone modchip(aladdin advance) and the bios flash was done fine." - ddrhazy

Hey ddrhazy how long ago did u get ur xbox? And by Dark Die He Means Ritek or Verbatim.

8. ddrhazy

ddrhazy Member

I bought the x-box like not even a week ago. I'm positive it's a 1.6b if that's your question xxopenxx.

This thing doesn't read any cdr media either, so i'm guessing the xbox's optical drive is blocking out certain burnt media types.

9. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I think you have the Thomson version DVD-ROM drive, it won't read any CD-R. I know because I have it too. It is very picky of which media to read. Some CD-RW will work, same goes for DVD-R/+R and DVD-RW/+RW.

10. xxopenxx

xxopenxx Member

Ok Well Thanks Every1, And Especially ddrhazy. (And If I May I Have One More Question) How Hard Is It To Install Aladin Advance, And How Much Are They?

11. xxopenxx

xxopenxx Member

Oh I Just Looked Online And Typed "Aladdin Advance" And It Seems That It Is Compatible With Versions 1.0-1.3; I Think The Chip You Got Was "Aladdin Live Plus."

Also If I Upgrade A Bad BIOS Is There A Recovery Method With Aladdin?

(Im Sorry I Keep Asking Questions)

12. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

There's no recovery with Aladdin advance or any 3rd gen chips for that matter.

4th gen chips like Xecuter3 and Xenium ICE are idiot-proof.

13. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

There's no recovery with Aladdin advance or any 3rd gen chips for that matter.

4th gen chips like Xecuter3 and Xenium ICE are idiot-proof.

14. xxopenxx

xxopenxx Member

Well I Need One Thats Works With 1.6b. (Well I Haven't Opened Up My XBOX, But I Just Got It Like A Few Days Ago And I Don't Think Its Any Versian Other Than 1.6b [Unless There Is A Newer One Than 1.6b.])

I Don't Really Mind Paying A Bit Extra For A Chip That Can Be Reflashed If Mistakes Occur Because Errors Can Happen.

15. xxopenxx

xxopenxx Member

I Am Seriously Considering On Buying Xecuter 3... But I Can't Find Out The Recovery Method And How To Recover If You Mess Up. Can Any1 Help Me On This?