1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Noob - Hard Mod vs Soft mod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Evander1, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Evander1

Evander1 Member

Do you have a second computer or access to one? This way you can see if it boots in another machine.

Maybe it is something to do with your hardware configuration. If you have the same problem in another machine, then you know it is software related and you can troubleshoot from there.

2. MEGADEATH

MEGADEATH Member

The simplest plans are often the most logical.... :)

I will try it out and let you know.

Cheers

MD

3. Evander1

Evander1 Member

That's what makes these venues so great. We can all put our heads together. I think I am having more fun just tinkering with the Xbox then I will actually playing it.

4. VCFire

VCFire Guest

Evander
    To really answer your thought about EVOX installing on all drives, that's not really true, you can load onto either of the drives, depending on which drive you want it to load up from, it really shouldn't have to be on all of them, usually one EVOX on either C, E, or F drive.

5. Evander1

Evander1 Member

I think I read that in the SID Deluxe v4.5 manual. Nonetheless, if I am incorrect, I have no idea how Evox made it onto my C drive and E drive.

I'm still in the process of understanding what I have done. It all works and that is what is important I guess.

6. Evander1

Evander1 Member

Do you guys happen to know what the largest hard drive is that the Xbox and softmodding will read?

7. VCFire

VCFire Guest

It used to only ready up to 137GB, but depending on your softmod, it should read pretty much any size. I have installed a 160GB HD on my friend's and it shows all the space available. I used Ndure's .67 softmod to do mine.

8. Evander1

Evander1 Member

I am considering putting a 400GB drive in mine and getting the expander and putting another 2 120's.

3/4 TB for the win!!!

9. VCFire

VCFire Guest

Wow, that's crazy, I don't see you ever using that much, but it would be badass. show some pics when you're done, if you want to see my modded xbox let me know, I think it's pretty sweet, but I did it about almost 2 years ago.

10. Evander1

Evander1 Member

I've been softmodded for about 20 hours and my 120 is already almost full. :(

11. VCFire

VCFire Guest

damn, my 120 is full, but it's all games, no movies, mostly xbox but some arcade and a SNES emulator and roms, my 40GB is pretty empty, but i just dropped that in my other xbox cause it was a spare, not sure if I'm gonna do any more, i'm looking for more roms as we speak for my mame-x and SNES emulator, and I just got my N64 emulator working too on my 40GB xbox

12. Evander1

Evander1 Member

Mine is full of games already too. I have my friends xbox on my network now, copying games over.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member