1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Modding Old Halo 2 Maps*

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by live2Mod, Aug 16, 2006.

1. live2Mod

live2Mod Member

Okay! I've been modding for about a week and my mods are extremely awesome. But theres only one problem. I want to mod the old halo 2 maps also. I know that they are all on a CD but i dont know how to get them onto the xbox hardrive so i can mod them. So if anyone can tell me how to get them onto my hardrive that would be great!

2. Nimex

Nimex Member

search for an app for ur modded dashboard called dvd2xbox. This program allows u to browse the files in a game and also an option to copy the entire disk to ur hd (or just what u want). Hope this helps.

3. live2Mod

live2Mod Member

Thanks! i'll try that out!

4. azzidrain

azzidrain Regular member

I hope you know that you won't be able to play the old maps onlive the way you are doing it. The way this guy is saying to do it will only let you play them on other tunneling services like XBC or Xlink or just system link.

5. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

yeh i think you need to burn it to a disc for online play? please correct me if im wrong.
    and you can only do it in a custom game cos you need someone else to load the map then leave

6. live2Mod

live2Mod Member

So, how do i put the old maps onto the xbox hardrive? I guess the real question i'm really trying to ask is.. Whenever i edit a .dds file (Ex) warthogstanderd.dds it will let me inject it and all of that. When i go to sign the map it works but the signature doesn't change. It just says, signed map. Then i ftp it back and open the map. The warthog is still the same. Basically, how to make it so i can sign the shared.map and the map i want to put the modded .dds file on?

Any help would be awesome thanks! Oh and if you want to see my other mods, send me a PM and i will send you my 2 xboxlive gamertags. (CUSTOM GAME MODS) I HATE CHEATERS!!!!!

7. live2Mod

live2Mod Member

Thanks to everyone that helped me out! I figured out i had to change 1 fricken line!! of my evox.ini file!! It's all running smoothly, but the only thing that sucks is cant go online, but it doesn't really matter! Cause it's gonna be soo cool having mods on old maps!!!!!!!

8. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

could you send me your ppf, super ppfs or serenitys please, i need some cool mods and would like to try yours out.tanks.

9. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

live2mod i sent you a pm ok.

10. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Someone told me once that you have to clear the cache files or something. Meaning like you have to clear the X, Y and Z folders or something, I don't know. I'll stop talking, lol.

11. Nimex

Nimex Member

I mod old maps all the time on live and never have to burn a cd, have a guy leave, or whatever. I just start the game first (so I'm host) and then invite everybody. But I am curious to which line you edited in evox.ini. Post the line, where it is located, and what you did to it please.

12. live2Mod

live2Mod Member

Okay here is the line that i edited:

[Menu]

Section "Root"
    {
    Item "Trainers",ID_trainer
    Section "Play Games from Hard Drive"
    {
    Line "- Games on the Hard Drive -",2
    AutoAddItem "E:\Games\Halo2"
    AutoAddItem "E:\HDDLoader\"
    AutoAddItem "F:\Games\"
    AutoAddItem "F:\HDDLoader\"
    AutoAddItem "G:\Games\"
    AutoAddItem "G:\HDDLoader\"

The first AutoAddItem line should like extacly like mine or else playing halo2 on your modded xbox hardrive will not work.

If anyone would like to find out how to put halo2 on the xbox hardrive the right way, just post here!

P.S People think that halo2 won't fit on your xbox harddrive (HHD) whatever, it will because i'm running halo2 on my HDD right now!

13. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Ok , so you've been modding for a week and your mods are awesome? And your sig says , you think your mods are good , take a look at mine!? Ok , mb yours are good for a complete n00b , but , take a look at this - [​IMG] > That is a good mod

and you dont even kno how to put halo 2 on your HDD?

Sorry if im coming across as mean , but I hate it when people come in all cocky and full of themselves.

and , this post would have no point if I didnt tell you how to put H2 on your HD.

1st , go to your dashboard and put halo 2 in , but dont start it up.
    Then , ftp to your xbox and go into the "D" folder and EVERYTHING thats in that folder needs to go onto your computer.

Then , once that is done , go to the folder in your xbox named "E"
    and then go into games and then , create a folder named "HALO 2" , and then create 3 folders and name them Bink , Maps , and media. Then , in the bink , put intro_60.bik - and then , in maps , put all the multiplayer and Single player shared , main menu , and shared. Then , in the media folder ,put everything thats in the media folder on your computer and then , it should work!

14. live2Mod

live2Mod Member

Yeah, about that. I was just answering peoples question about putting halo2 on their hardrive to make it work. They asked me what line i edited to make it work, and i answered it. So if you think this has anything to do about my mods and being cocky it really, really doesn't.

15. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

You have to get a program named H2 Internalize Bitmap.

16. live2Mod

live2Mod Member

Lol.. thanks i jsut figured out i has to get that. Thanks too everyone who helped me out!

17. backupguy

backupguy Regular member

drx thirst, the screenshot you gave us looks ok, but to me it just looks like four of those things that masterchief gets on that takes him across the water to where gravemind is eventually.p.s what map does it replace

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  18. CokeWhore

CokeWhore Member

19. Nimex

Nimex Member

Almost, if not all, of those clips shown were on MM. I HATE cheaters. I only mod on custom games, and clearly label the game modding. I do not condone it.

With that out of the way, those were some pretty cool mods. But I don't condone it. Even though I wish I knew how to do some of those...

20. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

lol. But what did you mean by this:
    I'm confused.