1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderate users more

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by dude7580, Nov 10, 2009.

1. dude7580

dude7580 Member

Hi
    I have started a thread which I thought could be a good idea. Have only technical info in one without discussions instead of having it scattered in a big discussion thread.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-152/banned_vs_non-banned-813245/
    Creaky closed the thread (i didnt agree but i respect) and he did it in a respectful way.
    It didn't work and thats ok but the problem is users that are being disrespectful to others and calling people stupid like wabashman.
    Are the moderators here only to moderate threads or also moderate users who go on other users. I think were all here for the same reason and your site shouldnt accept people disrespecting others even if that user has a good businness on your site.
    People wont wanna come back if there being disrespected like this and nothing is done.
    Thanks

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

I think it was pretty clear... why make a redundant topic about something which everybody knows and is sick to the back teeth of..

now stop whining and go buy another 360

so people don't come back.. if all they can do is whine on and post duplicate topics (which won't achieve crap anyway because you are all looking in the wrong places.. you want a pattern.. OK .. here it is.. You have a flashed 360 and you connected to the M$ servers with it.. got it yet???) then really like we give a flying f---?

I don't even consider myself a member of this site these days.. I'm just an irritating hanger on from the past playing devils advocate until this bot account email dies.. then I'm gone.

creaky will close any threads on the subject of bans.. simple as that XD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
  3. dude7580

dude7580 Member

Wow where do you come from? I guess you really chose your username.

I guess I must be in the wrong forum, I was looking for the feedback and suggestions forum...

Thank god you replied, you finally found the answer everybody is asking themself, people who connect to xbox live with a modded xbox get banned... Maybe you should warn the others...

And thanks for proving my point...and you're whining

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

wow dude7580 i can't believe you wasted your time posting this.

he wasnt personally disrespecting you he was pointing out you made a stupid thread.I actually red the thread and the other 2 creaky pointed out and the topic was covered elsewhere so he had every right to close it.back on topic i think this thread should be closed.Its a pointless whinge.

5. dude7580

dude7580 Member

Like I said I accept that Creaky closed the thread.
    What I was pointing out was other users insulting users or threads when they should just ignore or stay respectful and leave the moderators do their job. I see this too often in my opinion. Thats all.
    But thanks xboxdvl2 for giving a mature reply without insults.

6. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

You said you were pointing out other users who were insulting users and threads. Well, you also need to look at their point of view. I mainly help out in the dvd seciton backing up movies, and you get tired of seeing the same threads over and over asking the same information over and over....or not even taking the time to use the search bar to see if their question has been posted before or even read the rules to see if those postings are allowed.

I have posted the same information some individuals are too lazy to search for probably well over 100 times this year alone, not including the links to the correct threads, or (my personal favorite) a link to google to search themselves.

We are all volunteers here, none of us are getting paid helping others. Wabashman has helped many users who actually do post correctly, and I don't blame him one bit when he gets upset.

Scum....miss seeing you around these parts. You made some of the threads more interesting to read with your "words of wisdom" spread throughout aD!!

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Looking for feed back & suggestions ?,kinda strange that considering the opening post appears directed at the mods & not users so gotta question why you didn't just pm or email directly,there is also the matter of the "report offensive post" icon that seems simple enough,it don't take a rocket scientist to figure that out then again common sense is seriously lacking these days, as for wabash calling you stupid in that thread he didn't you just did in this one, which by my count means you've pwnd yourself congratulations..out

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

How much more moderating can i do ?, each day more and more bannees swarm here, the best i could think of was to keep the bulk of the newcomers in a handful of threads. I am trying to keep on top of the various misdemeanors, I can't please all of the people all of the time. I'm here so often that i am always commenting on something or other, and i'm getting flak from all sides. I'm even being labelled as a dictator in News threads and other threads, because i moderate, and it's got to the stage where i'm questioning why i'm even here (well i have been for a very long time, in fact i sent a PM to one of the Admins on this subject last night), i'm running out of steam.
    I seem to say this often of late, there's so many rude and disrespectful kids (and adults, actually) that come here, running amok on the forums, that i am sick to the back teeth of seeing my own posts correcting these disrespectful people, but i keep doing it because things degenerate further if the disrespectful are allowed free reign. I think part of the mentality is because far too many games console sites allow the disrespectful free reign, but this site isn't like that, it wasn't like that before my time here and it won't be like it once i've gone.

9. scum101

scum101 Guest

said it before.. say it again... WHY does ad even have console forums when there are loads of other sites which do? They don't actually fit the site mission statement.

Anyway.. printing lists of what drive and what flash and what cheating went on isn't going to achieve anything at all.. and it totally duplicates a thread started 1/11 anyway.. when you KNOW how they detect it's pointless to the extreme of being rather funny. As yet I haven't found a way around their detection that doesn't involve a soldering iron and some seriously high level hardware. Have to admire M$ for such a simple yet effective method.. most unusual for them really. The other really crafty trick is... not banning all the ones they detect.. they seem to be taking down about 30%, just to totally confuse the issue.

just for creaky [​IMG]
    I would have left you a chocolate chip one.. but they don't have a chance once I lay my eyes on them XD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
  10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

scum, no chocolate ones, bummer!!!

11. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Sorry, ddp. I got to the chocolate ones first before you did. Very tasty!!

12. ddp

rtm, do you hear the approaching thunder?

13. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

*quickly places out lightning rods*

They were tasty......and very filling....

*puts on blindfold*

14. ddp

it is getting closer.

15. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

~ 3:30 in the morning....not a soul in sight....city's looking like a ghost town, on a moonless summers night....~