1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modifeyeing an xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jimdemat, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Jimdemat

Jimdemat Member

Plz help
    I wanted to know if someone could help me and tell me the steps to modefy my box so i could save games and dvds to my hard drive
    i know i need to buy a bigger harddrive, modchip, and software. i just dont know what stuff to buy. and how to put it together

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

First find out what version your XBox is. Then I would suggest either a Chameleon chip or X2 chip. Depending on whether you want external switches or not and either a soldered in or no solder chip.
    Whatever site you find a chip on should also provide you with install directions.
    Every chip has it's good and bad points and you should figure out which is gonna be best for you. I like the Chameleon chip mostly becasue you don't need any switches to control it.
    Also check and ask around about the site you plan on buying it from.

RustyDog

3. Jimdemat

Jimdemat Member

i was planning on buying an X-Ecuter 2.2 LITE chip. i am planning to buy it at http://shop.system-mods.com/product.asp?3=9 . I really dont want to sauder anything but if i have to i will. i dont really know what my version of xbox is but id take a guess at v1, where does it say the version. I am lookin at a Maxtor 129gb 7200 at http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/gsgen120gb.html?AID=10274075&PID=1019213 . Also do i need to by any software? i got diagrams on how to install the chip but i still need to know all of the above! Both links came from http://www.xbox-scene.com/
    Thank you for helpin me

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  4. GetModded

GetModded Guest

System mods is a good site to deal with. You can get a pretty good guess at what version your Xbox is by the MFG date on the bottom.

The hard drive can be any brand or size or speed but you may wanna check out Xbox-Scene.com to make sure the model # you buying is lockable. It will have to be locked if you plan on disabling the chip for XBLive.

Once you have the chip and hard drive all software is free for download.

RustyDog

5. Jimdemat

Jimdemat Member

Rusty dog ur the best thank you sooo much
    so u have a screen name on aim to chat with you incase i have any problems

6. Jimdemat

Jimdemat Member

Rust dog i dont know if the 120gb hard drive im gettin is lockable if u can look at it that would do me a big favor. http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/gsgen120gb.html?AID=10274075&PID=1019213 .and i think im getting xecutor 2.2 lite mod chip. do i need nything else. like a programmer? whatever that is? Where can i download the software and how do i get it on my box. And finnally is there any way i can totally mess up my box. thanks

Last edited: Nov 16, 2003
  7. Jimdemat

Jimdemat Member

OMG im gettin sooo confused with all the bios install and getting the evolution x dashboard, where can i get it? and do i need a Cd-r burner? how do iget everything to my box. cant i just hook up my box to my comp through my rouder and download a program that lets me send files to my box and bypass all the cd-r burning and shit. i just want to save my games to my harddrive
    plz help

Last edited: Nov 16, 2003
  8. GetModded

GetModded Guest

I haven't used the 2mb buffer harddrive but I have used the 8 and it was lockable. I would think the 2 is also.
    Getting the programmer is always a good idea. Even if you only use it once for the first flash.
    System-mods has probably the best tutorials for X2 chips and all the legal software you'll need. Anything else will take alittle extra searching.

This is what you need to get up and running file wise:
    Evox or X2 bios
    Team Xavier or Slayers Auto Installer. Burn this to disc and use it to set up your harddrive and install all the Apps you'll need.

RustyDog

9. Jimdemat

Jimdemat Member

i downloaded slayer auto installer, then i extracted the files and i double clicked on the one that had the easy cd creator logo, put in a CD-RW. then what. I also downloaded Evolution X M7, what to i do with that. i really dont feel like puting in the extra money 4 a programer or do i really need one.
    And is the hard drive i got ok and the site is ok to buy from?
    THanks rusty dog

Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  10. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Buying the programmer for your chip is a good idea. It'll making flashing the chip the first time alot easiesr than trying to burn a bios disc.
    Once you have the chip flashed and installed burn the SLayers ISO file to disc and you'll be able to choose from the menu how you want the XBox harddrive set up.

RustyDog

11. Jimdemat

Jimdemat Member

can u build me the bio cd then send me the files so all that i need to do is burn those files to a CD-RW? i really dont feel like buyin a programer! And i thought the Xecutor 2.2+ is already flashed and programed