1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modifying the content of VCD already burned on a CD-RW

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by hooklee, Aug 15, 2003.

1. hooklee

hooklee Member

Hello,

I would like to protect my video CDs from unauthorized access, so I had an idea but I don´t know if there is any available software that allow me to do that. The only requisite to this solution is a computer with a CD-RW writer drive. First step would be to save the video CD on a CD-RW, after that would be to use a software to modify some data on the CD (maybe to scramble the TOC). If anyone try to play the disk an error would occur because important information to the correct playing of the CD was modified. If want to play the CD, I would have to put the CD-RW on the computer and use the same program to descramble the CD (reverse the previous modification) and finally play the video CD. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

HookLee

2. Matador

Matador Regular member

Don't know of a app like that.But u can make an iso of vcd or movie file and encrypt it with pgp..So then just burn encrypted file to CD-rw.When u want to access the file u will have to put ur password inover to access movie file or iso file.

I know thats is not what u where looking for but it also works..

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm this sounds interesting... would you be burning then an encrypted VCD or would you be burning a DATA cd with an encrypted file?

4. Matador

Matador Regular member

DATA cd with an encrypted file..maybe avi or mpeg compression.Since all he wants to do is play it on the PC.

5. Matador

Matador Regular member

**Note**
    After searching some more I came accross this.. http://hardwareanalysis.com/content/daily_column/article/1620/ Seams the new Plextor drives can PW protect the CDR useing
    SecuRec™. Only problem is..for the user to access the PW box..they must have the SecuRec™ reader installed on there computer.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2003