1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOHAA Spearhead ISO Burning Help!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Afghanboy, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Afghanboy

Afghanboy Guest

I have an ISO file of MOHAA Spearhead. After extracting the ISO using Undisker, I try to install it, but I get an error dialogue box which says : "Windows couldn't find the file named: "Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead_Code.exe." When I click ok there's a new dialogue box appearing and says: "The registration number was not correct. Installation cannot continue."
    I tried to burn the ISO as well. And by doing that I don't get the errors above. Though while the game is getting installed... when it gets 41% I get an error in a dialogue box which says: "Component transfer error
    Component SafeDisk Build
    File Group:
    File:
    Error: Katastrofal Fejl(translated from danish = catasrophic failure!)

Anybody has the idea what to do with it? If so then please come with the detailed description. Looking forward for your help people...

PS. I already checked the FAQ's and as I can see in the following thread
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/29041
    ,someone had the exact problem. Is there any solutions still?
    I did the same as on the thread above. Used all methods and it's my 40th hour and 12th CD-R which I'm using. Please come with a solution!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2003
  2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

[bold] Don't extract [/bold] cd protected images simply because you'll encounter errors (Safedisc 2.4-2.9.x). Simply burn the iso image using Alcohol 120% using the Safedisc 2 datatype profile. If you own a "2 sheep burner" then the backup "should" play in your burner unless your burner can't read atip. If backup won't play then download& install Daemon Tools and mount the iso image and use emulation options Safedisc& Laserlock m8.
    Daemon Tools:http://www.daemon-tools.com/Frames/mainlowmid.htm

Shoey :)
    Be sure you to set all formats using Alcohol 120% (Options>General> Shell Extensions>Select ALL of them)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2003
  3. Afghanboy

Afghanboy Guest

Hi Shoey!
    I tried to simply burn the ISO with Alcohol.
    Used the SafeDisc 2 Datatype Profile. And unchecked the Bypass EFM Error... coz I think I've got a "2 sheep burner" it's SONY CD-RW CRX210E1... am I right? Coz last night I made 1 kind of test provided on the other forum. I checked under emulation the Ignore Media Type option... the other's were unchecked, so I left them that way.On Extra Emulation I didn't check anything, as it was like that. Shell Extentions selected all of them. Burnt the CD with Max speed 48X and tried to install it again. Right after InstallShield gets initialized when I click first time "Next" I get:
    Windows couldn't find the file named: "Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead_Code.exe." When I click ok there's a new dialogue box appearing and says: "The registration number was not correct. Installation cannot continue."
    This is the same error which I got when I extracted my ISO before with Undisker. And when I burnt the extracted file into CD I didn't get the error above in the beginning(After InstallShield initialisation). I get erro while installation process got until 41% and it looks different as following:
    Component transfer error
    Component SafeDisk Build
    File Group:
    File:
    Error: Katastrofal Fejl
    (translated from danish = catasrophic failure!)
    I tried the method you told me with Daemon... I get the same error as:
    "Windows couldn't find the file named: "Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead_Code.exe." When I click ok there's a new dialogue box appearing and says: "The registration number was not correct. Installation cannot continue."
    My 13th CD-R went into the garbage-can... LOLZ!
    Any idea about what to do now? I won't give up simply... even if I have to waste a bunch of CD-R's :eek:)
    I really like this site and I'm waiting for your help!

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Try burning the iso again using Alcohol but this time check bypass efm error and then try and play the backup in your Sony [bold] WITHOUT [/bold] Alcohol 120 runnin' in system tray (startup). If that should fail then use Daemon Tools virtual cd-rom emulator(Safedisc& Laserlock emulation checked) , [bold]
    NOT [/bold] Alcohols. Run Daemon Tools in ststem tray and insert your backup in your Sony and see if the backup will install and play. If that should fail, then use BlindWrite 4.25 and in the write process, tick "enhance weak sectors" and burn DAO-pw. Use Daemon Tools for any emulation as many games are blacklisted.(Alcohol 120& CloneCD)
    Daemon Tools:http://www.daemon-tools.com/Frames/mainlowmid.htm
    BlindWrite 4.25:http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=73e0592c36b0299ebc857e030bd6f773&threadid=61418

Consider a new burner (2-sheep) that corrects EFM encoding. Some excellent models:
    1) LiteOn LTR 52x
    2) MemorexMAX 24\32\40\48\52 (rebagged LiteON)
    3) Asus 40\48\52
    4) Polaroid BurnMAX40\48\52<I own the 48x model= butta' cutta when it comes to backing up the latest Safedisc version (2.9.x)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2003
  5. Afghanboy

Afghanboy Guest

Hey Shoey :eek:( I can't anymore! Thought that I won't give up... but I think I have no other way!
    I get the same error:
    Windows couldn't find the file named: "Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead_Code.exe." When I click ok there's a new dialogue box appearing and says: "The registration number was not correct. Installation cannot continue."
    Thanks for your help anyways!
    I'm sad :eek:(

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Afghanboy,
    Solve all your pc gaming backups problems by purchasing the LiteON LTR 52x burner or the Memorex MAX52x burner (rebagged Litey).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2003