1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Money Payed RPG Accounts

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by Retro_rc, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro_rc

Retro_rc Regular member

i've seen alot of RPG games that u can make a free account and then take it to an extraordinary level then sell it for a good price any ideas for games
    i have a friend who sold a last chaos account for about 149$
    but he wasted alot of time playing the game just to sell it

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

It's usually against the game developers rules to do that anyway, so I doubt you'll get anyone willing to help you.

It's like saying, "Hey, come and play my game for free and then profit from it!".

Not plausable is it.

3. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

You could, in theory. Just eBay Runsecape accounts, or WOW accounts. They typically don't have the rights to sell the actual account, because the rights remain with the game developer(s). So they will say something like "Selling Good Joke, with free runescape (or any other online game) account." At the bottom of the page there will be a waiver saying the rights remain the propertie of the developer(s) and we have no responsibility if your account is immedatly banned, due to the fact that they only really sold ye the joke.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

NicHt, since when was helping smacktards on the agenda? The answer is "It wasn't and never will be".

/me is disapointed.

5. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

We were all smacktards once, and anyway since when was I the hard-ass that you are? :D

6. kkennedy

kkennedy Member

I found this thread while googling.
    Ebay has disallowed sales of virtual goods like world of warcraft accounts, everquest, name and game and it's nolonger there.

Surprisingly enough ebay.de (denmark) still allows them, but the site isn't in English.

Playerauctions.com will let you sell, but their registration has been broken for years, and after using them for a while and becoming a top seller, you will be banned. It pretty much happens to everybody that sells too much.

As a repeat top seller, I got tired of remaking my accounts all the time and it's also frustrating that you can't have a website which promotes buying or selling of accounts or currenct.. services.. anything virtual. If they see that you buy and sell anywhere but playerauctions.com, they nail you, even if all you're doing is advertising that you run auctions.

A few other auction sites have cropped up, but they don't have good userbase and they charge 5%. There's forums you can use, but only for world of warcraft since the other buy/sell forums for gamers just have zero usage.

As a personal solution, I developed rpgreseller.com, which allows free auctions for myself. Ofcourse, it's free for others too since the traffic is beneficial and I'm mad as hell at the secondary market. Big websites like IGE don't pay enough for accounts or gold, and they over charge, so it's massive exploitation both ways.

As far as the idea of leveling a free account in order to sell it, you are absolutely insane. It's never worth it. Professional play is worth about 25 cents per hr if you're LUCKY. Just play for fun, and then when you're ready to sell, sell. Perty much everybody does it, even those that are against it. It's not easy to walk away from several hundred and the chance of recovering monthly fees, etc. Consider that most jobs pay about $250 per week. To sell ANY game account for more than $250 means you probably played it for several years. It's one of the poorest investments any gamer can make. If you want profit, spend a few extra hours at your dayjob.

7. ninjanick

ninjanick Regular member

dude. dont do this. bad personal experinces. you can get in trouble with the law -.-

8. ninjanick

ninjanick Regular member

got like 20 bucks out of a rs2 acc. but it wasnt worth it lol =\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.