1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Money to burn need advice

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Lenzz, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Lenzz

Lenzz Member

i have £700 to spend on a digital camcorder. but my knowladge of camcorders if very limated. Any advice on what model to buy would be very much appreciated.

Thanx
    Lenzz

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

If you have money to burn, you could always make a donation to support Afterdawn. ;)

Seriously though, it might help people who want to help if we knew what your plans are for this camcorder. There's a lot out there, and some have certain features while others don't.

3. Reader650

Reader650 Member

If you are looking for very good image quality a 3 CCD model is almost imperative.

I recently bought a Canon GL2 which was around $1800 after rebate. This camcorder had broadcast quality video and is comparable to models costing $3,000-$5000. Read the reviews on the net, you will see what I mean.

I also own a Hitachi DVD camcorder and do not recommend it as there are models costing far less with the same resolution.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I agree with 3CCD! My choice would again be a Canon model for two reasons. They are most definitely the best optical creators in the world - their lenses are amazing (and Expensive). Their 3 CCD systems are wolrd renowned for begin the best in their price ranges. I highly recommend getting a Canon DMXL1S if you can afford it. It has firewire as well:

http://www.jessops.com/search/viewp...9&SHOWCASEID=&STARTROW=1&SUBS=&WORD_SEARCH=N&

5. DerekG

DerekG Member

I think the Cannon GL is horrible. The sound is bad and it makes everything look dirty. That's just my opinion from seeing footage, I don't know much about cameras. I think the Sony vx-1000 is way better You might be able to get one from ebay for around $700.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004