1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor connectin (QUICK REPLY NEEDED!)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by oedekerk, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. oedekerk

    oedekerk Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2006
    Messages:
    419
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    I just bought a monitor second hand. 4 of the pin connectors are missing (instead of 15 there are 11) How will this affect quality?

    So I know if I have been robbed and I can phone the guy.

    Thanks in advance.
     
  2. oedekerk

    oedekerk Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2006
    Messages:
    419
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Does anyone actually know?
     
  3. GrandpaBW

    GrandpaBW Active member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2004
    Messages:
    3,730
    Likes Received:
    17
    Trophy Points:
    68
    You might want to add a little more information if you expect to get help. Like what brand and model is the monitor. And are the pin connectors missing on the monitor or the analog/digital plug?
     
  4. philraz

    philraz Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2006
    Messages:
    1,337
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    if your talking about a standard svga monitor not all the pins are used and some plugs are missing them if it works has a good picture with no resolution contrast focus or color problems I would not worry about it too much make sure you run it for at least 10 mins to check for focus drift
     
  5. ddp

    ddp Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2004
    Messages:
    39,211
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    143
    pin 1-red
    pin 2-green
    pin 3-blue
    pin 4-nc
    pin 5-ground
    pin 6-red ground
    pin 7-green ground
    pin 8-blue ground
    pin 9-nc
    pin 10-digital sync ground
    pin 11-nc
    pin 12-nc
    pin 13-horizontal sync
    pin 14-vertical sync
    pin 15-nc

     
  6. oedekerk

    oedekerk Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2006
    Messages:
    419
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    Thanks guys, that really helped. I appreciate it.
     
  7. ddp

    ddp Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2004
    Messages:
    39,211
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    143
    no problem, teach & learn
     

Share This Page