1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor In Suspension

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by tsquare43, May 1, 2005.

1. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

Anybody have any idea why a monitor would suddenly go into suspension? When my wife booted her computer today, the monitor was in suspension. I don't have the manual for it (Proton 15" about 5 years old) and don't have a clue as to what would have caused the suspension. She use her pc yesterday for some school work she brought home, but it won't come on today. I took everything apart and reinstalled it, but not luck.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are you getting anything on the screen??

3. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

No. The screen is blank, but there is a small green light right next to the power button and it says "suspension". It's almost as if the monitor is not connected to the pc, but it is.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

can you try another monitor & also a different video card in safe mode if computer posts. does the drives light up & go thru the motions as tho windows is loading?

5. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

Everything works the way it is supposed to except the monitor. HDD goes through it's motions and gives me all the bells and whistles, but no go on the monitor. I won't be able to try it with another computer/video card until next week (using my work laptop to write this) because I am going out of town later this evening. Thanks for your help so far, but it might be a case of the monitor "giving up the ghost" -- it's at least 5, maybe 6 years old. It is my old pc that she took over just for school work after I bought a new one.

Seems to have fixed itself. Decided to try it 1 more time before supper and it worked fine. I never liked that pc when it was mine. Thanks for your help.

Last edited: May 1, 2005