1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

monitor power options wont work???

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by HRJustin, Jun 22, 2007.

1. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

for some reason when i set my monitor to have a screensaver come on after 5 minutes and then in the power options set the monitor to turn off after 20 minutes only the screen saver works. the screensaver comes on normal and everything but i come back hours later and its still on the screen saver and not powered off in sleep mode like it should. the monitor will turn off if i dont have a screensaver on but if i have a screensaver set to come on before the power saver feature it will just get stuck on the screensaver and it wont turn off. so far ive tried it with the windows screensaver starfield and beziers and they both do the same thing. i just want a screensaver to come on after a few minutes of not being used and then for it to just turn off after a little while longer not just get stuck on the screensaver :\

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

try setting the screensaver to come on after 1 minute, and the monitor to turn off after 2. If this works, try scrolling through the settings until it doesn't. If it doesn't, perhaps you could try installing a custom screensaver?

3. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

what are some good custom screensavers or a good site to find some cool free ones. i just want something for when im only gone for a few minutes then have the monitor turn off after a while.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

First thing to remember about screensavers is never to download any you find in popups, or in "we couldn't find the website you were looking for" links.
    See if these OpenGL screensavers work for you
    http://www.reallyslick.com/downloads.html

5. HRJustin

HRJustin Guest

i downloaded them they seem like sweet ones ill post back on if the monitor turns off when its suppose to