1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

monitor shuts off

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by SUPERMAN6, Jan 8, 2007.

1. SUPERMAN6

SUPERMAN6 Member

Sometimes while using the computer the monitor shuts off but the computer is still running. The green light on the monitor starts blinking. I have to push the button on the monitor to turn it off and then push it again to turn it back on. this gets really annoying. Does anyone know what the problem is? Thanx for any help

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Lets assume for the moment that the monitor is not defective.

Check your settings under: Start, Settings, Control Panel, Power Options, Power Option Properties.

I use the Always On Scheme and Never shut anything off or stand by anything. I just let my screen saver kick in after x minutes. I hate waiting for things to spin up.

Make your choices and see what happens. Then, again, you could have a bad monitor.

3. SUPERMAN6

SUPERMAN6 Member

It's already on never to turn off.
    WHILE i'm using the computer the screen goes black and the green light on the monitor starts blinking. i have to turn off the monitor and then turn it back on to use it again. this happens depending on what i am doing it turns off every couple of seconds to every couple of minutes.

4. gtjr_ph

gtjr_ph Regular member

try a good monitor and see it still have that problem.

5. SUPERMAN6

SUPERMAN6 Member

when i'm playing games it works fine but when i'm watching movies or looking at pictures it shuts off.

6. skidme

skidme Guest

Hey, I'm having the same problem. Any chance you found a way to fix your problem?