1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Stuck in Power Saving Mode

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kimnacht, Jan 7, 2007.

1. kimnacht

kimnacht Member

I unplugged my video card to install a wireless card, then reinstalled the video card, and now my monitor will not come out of analog power saving mode. Any ideas about what I may have done wrong? Thanks!

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What kind of video card? AGP? Did you install the wireless card in the slot just below the video card?

3. kimnacht

kimnacht Member

Yes, the video card is AGP, and yes, I installed the wireless card in the PCI slot right below it. Thanks for replying! :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

reseat the video card as might have partly come out of card slot when installing wireless card. happened to me on a customer's computer recently.

5. kimnacht

kimnacht Member

Well, the video card is perfectly seated in the AGP slot. I removed the wireless card, but the monitor still will not come out of power saving mode. hmmmmm

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

clear the cmos chip as have found it to sometimes kickstart a stubborn system.

7. fs291

fs291 Member

make sure the monitor is plugged in at all parts expecially where it goes into the agp card, i have a problem w/ my case b/c the vga out is so close to the side of the case i just have to force it on and i cant tighten the screws, try the other output if theres more then 1

8. kimnacht

kimnacht Member

Thanks everyone for your help! I guess I'll just try again to see if the card is situated properly. :(

9. porchmasi

porchmasi Member

I can safetly say once i pulled out my AGP graphics card and repluged it i kept getting No Signal Input. GOing to Power Save Mode ...

To solve return it if it is covered under warranty, it solved my problem

ex. ATI has great service/repair

I am confident you fried your card, if u are sure it is seated properly and no display appears and ur onboard intel/misc one works with ur agp one removed

10. kimnacht

kimnacht Member

Thanks for the advice, but actually, I just happened to try turning on the pc again, and it powered up just fine. *shrug*
    If it acts up again, I'll definitely contact ATI.

11. porchmasi

porchmasi Member

aww lol i wish my same problem u had, was solved so easily like urs, ati told me it was a fried card, and once i got my new 1 it was fixed :p but it happened AGAIN yesterday and i sent back today :( i bet my power outage had somethign to do with it