1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor wont come back

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Xevlys, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

Hi all i could use some help with this. A few days ago my boss's pc was working fine but now when it idles it goes into standby/sleep mode like all computers and the monitor goes off. The problem is now it wont come back on unless the computer is restarted, but only if its been off for a while. I set it to sleep after 1 min and it did so and then the mouse brought it back. It has happened at least 3 times now and after the second one while working after the reboot the BSOD came up with a stop error. The only changes i have made recently are adding a USB wireless network card and setting up the network, but i think it started just before i did this.

is the video card dying or is it a some other issue?

any help is appreciated and thanks in advance :]

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

try dissabling the network card in the device manager and see if it still happens.

if that fixxes it it could be the drivers are conflicting.

could also be a power issue if the new hardware is making the syten pull more juice from the psu.

3. Xevlys

Xevlys Regular member

i dont think that little tiny card could sap enuf power to do this, but ill give it a try. as for the drivers, im not sure. i think when i went to put on the USB wireless card for the first time before i could attach it to install the drivers i couldnt bring it back and had to restart and that was the first time it happened. My boss is in a conference with someone atm and i cant get to his pc to try either of those things. Ill post back when i have.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  4. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

is not a conflict with netcard that is causing problem but something else. goto to your screen saver than energy savings features of monitor settings tab to see what the monitor is set to.