1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

monitors

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dragnandy, Oct 14, 2007.

1. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

oh and another question. when i play a widescreen movie on a 3:4, it still plays the movie widescreen, but just smaller than if i play it on a widescreen monitor right?? but whhat if i play a movie that is in 3:4 format? how would that look?

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If you play a 4:3 res clip on a widescreen monitor, it'll just fill up the middle part of the screen and put black bars either side.

3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

hey sammorris even though this is an old topic, i decided to get a 4:3 monitor. and before, i had widescreen monitor choices. and now that i decided to get a 4:3, i have no clue which monitors to get. Ive been looking at 20" 4:3 monitors, but i cannot find any good ones. Are 4:3 more expensive than widescreens? when i was looking for them, they seem more expensive. can you request some good monitors?

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

20" 4:3 monitors are more expensive typically because they're far more uncommon (and because they offer a higher resolution). The only one I've laid my eyes on is the Dell 2007FP, I haven't really done much research into the area, but I looked into that one as it is the perfect sidebar companion to my 3007.