1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Cable MP HDP2400 HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by darensvt, Aug 14, 2008.

1. darensvt

darensvt Member

I am looking to purchase the Monster Cable MP HDP2400. I hear this is the newest and best power center they have out there thus far. I am in need of something like this and was wondering if someone could please let me know if this will be a good and smart choice of purchase or if there is something out there that is better recommended? Thank you all for your help. :)

2. bigbob227

bigbob227 Member

The HDP2400 has been replaced with the HDP 2500. This is far from the best that Monster offers. HDP is the second tier line. (Which is very, very good! Far superior to most other products) HTS and HTPS series being the top of the line. In addition, those can be connected to the AVS (automatic voltage stablization) series products that Monster offers for the ultimate power delivery system. The top of the line combo from Monster would be an AVS-2000 UHC Signature Series Automatic Voltage Stablizer Unit($2,200.00 US) connected to HTPS-7000 Mk II Signature Series Power Conditioning/Surge Protection Unit ($1500.00 US). These in turn would be connected to a hospital grade/isolated ground/dedicated single recepticle on a 20 amp circuit wired direct to your electrical service panel on an audiophile grade breaker.(I am sure this is way more than you need, but I wanted to let you know what "top of the line" really means) It can also go way beyond the aforementioned system, to include installing a seperate, balanced, electrical panel to feed your power products. What exact components are you using in your Home Theater? Display, Receiver/Processor-Amps, DVD, PS3/360, VCR, CD, HTPC, Powered Sub, Etc.If you respond with a list, I will recommend the correct Monster power product to meet your needs. The 2500 may be a good fit, but let me take a look at what you have and I will make a recomendation. Regards Bob

3. luis18

luis18 Member

Hi Bigbob:. after reading ur comments i found them to be very informative..i wanted to ask you, what monster HDP series would be best for my home theater system.. I have a laptop, PS3, cable DVR, (Denon avr 1909 w/5.1 mirage speakers with sub), sony 40'bravia XBR HDTV, sony dvd player,.. i live in south tx...where we have our share of thunder storms..i live within city limits and not out in the country where most of our lighting hits... a best buy rep recommened the monster HDP 1800..what do you think?....thanx

4. bigbob227

bigbob227 Member

Hi Luis. The HDP 1800 ($299.00 list) offers the same level (Stage 2) of protection offered by the HDP 2500 ($399.00 list) with slightly less surge absorption capibiities. The reason I would reccomend that you consider the HDP 2500 would be the number and placement of the outlets. The HDP 1800 only has eight (8), all on the rear panel, so you would have only one (1) spare outlet. The HDP 2500 has eleven (11), Ten (10) on the rear/one (1) on the front plus a USB port on the front as well, allowing room to add several additional components in the future and connect your laptop via the front panel outlet and charge USB devices. On another subject, Monster Power Products are offered with huge discounts from retailers other than Best Buy so check around before paying Best Buy $399.00 plus Tax. Make sure that all equipment is connected to the HDP 1800/2500 including the Sub! Run a Monster Power Powerline 100 Extension Cable (available in 12' lengths), if necessary from the Sub to the 1800/2500! Do not use a cheap extension cord! Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have additional questions. Bob

5. luis18

luis18 Member

I know Monster equipment aren't cheap but with all my Electronics connected to it, it's a small price to pay compared to losing all my invenstment to a power surge without one...Thanx Bob for ur time and knowledge...luis

6. bigbob227

bigbob227 Member

Luis, No problem. you should be able to find the HDP 2500 for around $300.00 or so if you look around a little bit. Yes, they are worth every penny, even if you wind up paying full retail. The primary benefit is that your equipment will perform and look so much better with clean AC power! In addition, it will be fully protected. Bob

7. luis18

luis18 Member

hi Bob..you were right..i found the HDP 2500.
    ONECALL has a specal running at $293.00 no tax and free shipping!!
    saved about $130.00
    gettin use to this internet deals...ha!!! thanx again

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

one word of warning make sure all cables are protected as it only takes one overlooked to fry components,sat,cable,phone,ethernet.

9. luis18

luis18 Member

will do...thanx