1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Hi-Res Reviews than any other publication (& free)

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by Sunier, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunier

Sunier Guest

Online Site Offers More Hi-Res Disc Reviews Than Any Other Publication (For release Feb. 14, 2006)

Many online publications for audio buffs review electronic components. One is different: AUDIOPHILE AUDITION specializes in reviewing the music recordings which most audiophiles profess to be the reason for their hobby.

AUDIOPHILE AUDITION features almost daily review uploads covering a variety of music genres as well as video DVDs, and reviews of Surround Sound for Music. It supports the progression of audio and video technologies toward higher resolution, rather than the admittedly poor-sounding MP3 files. Over 100 disc reviews from 20 writers are published monthly - split between hi-res formats and standard CD releases. Sections of the site include SACDs & DVD-As, DualDiscs, Classical, Pop/Rock, DVD Videos, Jazz, Reissues, Audio News, Component Reviews, and Features of the Month.

The publication, at www.audaud.com, caters to record collectors, audiophiles and home theater buffs. It began life nationally in 1985 as an hour weekly radio series carried on up to 200 outlets - both NPR and commercial stations. Eight years ago program host John Sunier - author of three books in the home electronics field - transitioned the program's website into the online publication, which now reaches 180,000 readers per month who purchase the recordings, AV components and loudspeakers reviewed on the site.

Surround sound is well accepted by the general public for films, both in movie theaters and in the home. 36% of U.S. households now have surround sound components and speakers for playing Dolby or DTS soundtracks on video DVDs and 80% have at least one DVD player. Steadfast two-channel audio buffs are now investing in surround sound products. AUDIOPHILE AUDITION's mission is to get consumers to make the leap from viewing movies with surround sound to sitting down to listen to music without screen images - reproduced with the glorious envelopment of surround sound.

AUDIOPHILE AUDITION seeks to educate the public about the two recent hi-res formats, which so far have shown only minimal sales even though SACD boasts 64 times the resolution of standard CDs and provides up to six channels instead of just two. Most sales of SACDs and DVD-As take place online, so fans of the formats appreciate the prodigious number of reviews published on the site. The publication is joined in this effort by another online site covering both new formats, plus one covering only SACDs. However, AUDIOPHILE AUDITION has the highest Google rank and the most readers of the three.

AUDIOPHILE AUDITION - www.audaud.com & www.audiophileaudition.com - is a unique online publication for disc collectors, audio buffs and home theater enthusiasts. All genres of music recordings are reviewed, with an accent on hi-res and surround sound. John Sunier, Editor/Publisher info@audaud.com 503-977-2189

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I have been a fan of your website for quite a while, it has very nice reviews in it. However, please abide by the forum rules, and edit out your email address of your post...thanks and keep up the good work with Audiophile Audition! Have you considered adding a section for tube amps/preamps? Might be a good idea...

3. Sunier

Sunier Guest

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know about the email address; tried to edit it out but was unable to find a way to do that.

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

you click on this button:
    [​IMG]
    right above your post on the line where the date/time is. its just so spammers don't get your email address and whatnot...

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@sunier ... thanks for your post! I'm a musician and a serious home theater buff ... sounds like the perfect thing for guys like me. Thanks again; will check it out.

DAMNED AWESOME!! I know a lot of people who'll be grateful to be steered in that direction. Got some good info on E Power Biggs. I'm looking forward to checking it out in greater detail!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.