1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Nero6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jhammer79, Dec 18, 2004.

1. jhammer79

jhammer79 Member

Yes another newbie seeking guidance. I have downloaded the demo of Nero 6, DVDDecryptor. I am using a Plextor 712A that came with Roxio6 but that has been even more of a pain. When ever i try to back up a DVD and burn it back on a DVD-R it keeps giving me a I/O error. I have clean un-installed Nero6 and re-installed, same error. any ideas?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

A lot of question need answered to be able to help you. Please provide as much info as possible :)

When exactly do you get the error?
    Are you backing up to dual layer DVD?
    If not you would need a proggy like DVD Shrink
    What brand media R U using?
    What speed R U burning at?
    What came first the chiken or the egg? LOL just kiddin :)

3. jhammer79

jhammer79 Member

When exactly do you get the error?
    [bold] I get the error about 30min into the actual burn, it will kick out the DVD and tell me there was that I/O error.[/bold]

Are you backing up to dual layer DVD?
    [bold] no im using a single layer burner [/bold]

If not you would need a proggy like DVD Shrink
    [bold] I have DVD Shrink but the file size from the source DVD is only 3.5g [/bold]

What brand media R U using?
    [bold] im using Memorex 8x DVD-R [/bold]

What speed R U burning at?
    [bold] I have tried using Nero at max, 8x, 4x, and 2x but it still gives the I/O error.

What came first the chiken or the egg? LOL just kiddin :)
    [bold] i believe the rooster did but thats matter of who gets off faster [/bold]

4. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

I burned a perfect copy of I, Robot with AnyDVD/CloneDVD 2. I have a Plextor 712A.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2004
  5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Memorex is the worst media out there first off, but that dosent sound like the root of your problem. You may want to try and burn with Decrypter first and see if you get the same problem. Read the movie with Decrypter in ISO Read R first and then do an ISO Write W and see if that works? If it does than we can narrow your problem down to Nero.

And that help's jhammer79 how?

6. wild77

wild77 Guest

Do you still have Roxio installed on your machine?You might want to try a different media, Memorex is one of the worst.

7. bardie

bardie Regular member

In the past I have found that Roxio and Nero don't like each other so I un-installed Roxio and just use Nero and I have had no trouble since.
    But again that was on my computer.
    It may be different on yours.

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I concur, DUMP roxio ASAP.It really does bite. In fact I would love to send an ICBM to the roxio factory. On Sunday, when everyone was home, to prevent fatalities. That'd teach 'em!

9. jhammer79

jhammer79 Member

Well i uninstalled Nero again, uninstalled Roxio, did a straight burn using DVDDecryptor and downloaded DVDFAb express platinum and was able to get my DVD's to burn and play. I re-installed Nero and was finally able to get a movie to burn. thanks.

10. prezto

prezto Member

I'm having a similar problem with Memorex 8x DVD-R. Although DVD+r burns fine, my DVD player will only play -r. I get a lead-in write error immediately using Nero or DVD Decrypter. I also have Roxio installed, so I will try uninstalling that and purchasing a different brand of media to see if I get better results.

11. jhammer79

jhammer79 Member

yeah my home DVD player was having some issues with the Memorex -R but the +R is just fine.