1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more questions about cue

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Drizzt_r, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Drizzt_r

Drizzt_r Member

I have read the other topic about cue/bin files...and I still donät get it..
    I tried to burn the BIN fiel directly with the newest nero program...but It didn't work...
    they say that I have to use the cue file to burn. I tried to make one myself but i must have missunderstod...could you please try to explain it a little easier.??
    sorry I know i'm prob stupid..im just really new to this kinda stuff
    thnx

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

First you should know if the image you want to burn is for PC, for PSX or a VCD.

Second, you have to divide the size of the image by 2048, 2336 or 2352. The number that gives you an integer number as result represent thw way in which data have been extracted by the CD_ROM.
    For instance: if you have an image whose size is 541,195,200 bytes then it means that a 230,100 SECTORS image was extracted from a CD-ROM, using the standard 2352 bytes/sector (this is the most common standard used, also called RAW format).

Third, you have to prepare a .CUE file like the two belows (use notepad then save-as-text):

1) for a playstation CD or a VCD use:

FILE "name-of-the-file" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

2) for a standard CD for PC use:

FILE "name-of-the-file" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

The CUE file contains three informations:
    a) the name of the image you want to burn. You can include the whole path or, if you put the .CUE and the ISO in the same directory, only the file name e.g. "image.BIN" or "image.ISO".
    b) the way data have been extracted and have to be written. MODE2/2352 is RAW format for PSX and VCD and MODE1/2352 is RAW format for PC. (The flag AUDIO is also used for audio CDs, but they are more complicated becase they have many tracks - the songs - starting at different intervals)
    c) The sector size (in this case, 2352 bytes). This number is the result of the investigation you made above. You could also have MODE1/2048 (PC 'cooked' format) or MODE2/2336 (PSX/VCD 'cooked' format).

The CUE above mentioned is good 90% of the time but will NOT work if the CD was non-standard (mixed mode, with both AUDIO and DATA, or protected CDs).
    In this case you need to contact the guys who gave you the ISO because when they prepared it. Their software (e.g. CDRWin) generated, during the ISO extraction, also the proper .CUE file. No other way will work.

I hope I was of some help.

P.S.
    Here follow some examples of exotic .CUE files. You'll notice that more than one track exist. Since the position of the second track is never known, in order to burn the image properly you absolutely need the cuesheet file.

example 1:
    FILE "NAME.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 52:42:06

example 2:
    FILE "NAME.BIN" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 60:58:63

Last edited: Nov 13, 2002
  3. Drizzt_r

Drizzt_r Member

yeah now I understand it a little better...the problem is that I downloaded it from kaza and I dont know from who...so I cant ask that about ISO and if its a 2048, 2336 or 2352...
    what should I do then...give up???

CENSORED BY ADMIN. NEXT WAREZ POST WILL RESULT USER DEACTIVATED.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

You got only three choices and you want to give up? If you can't figure it out form Alcos post and the ISO/BIN/CUE FAQ, then perhaps you shold buy your games then.

*This forum is not a warezers helpdesk*

5. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Excuse me Drizzt_r, but you do not seem very smart. A file CANNOT be at the same time a PERFECT multiple of 2048, 2336 and 2352 bytes.

Use a pocket calculator and try making some calculations. Divide the bytes of your file by the three numbers above mentioned: only ONE Sector size will give you an exact integer number (i.e. without decimals). It will be the information you're looking for creating the cuesheet.

If you cannot understand this simple thing you shouldn't deal with complicated stuff like burning CDs. Smmply buy them from a shop and ask your friends to make a backup for you, if you need one just in case your original copy breaks.

7. Drizzt_r

Drizzt_r Member

well I may not be very smart..the thing is that I never said that it would be a perfect match..and how would I know that you could devide to get tha answer...
    suppose you never were new to this...
    Im 17 years and live in sweden..
    do about 6 houres of homework everyday...
    sorry if I didn't take any computer designer class...

8. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

OK, no prob and sorry, I did not mean to be so rude. But please note that I wrote exactly those words in my first post:

"you have to divide the size of the image by 2048, 2336 or 2352. The number that gives you an integer number as result represents the way in which data have been extracted by the CD_ROM"

9. Drizzt_r

Drizzt_r Member

ok sorry...to be honest im not that good at english...guess I am kinda stupid...
    sorry...and thanx

10. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Drizzt_r,

Experiment. The only way you really learn these things is by trying and doing it yourself. Use a CD-RW and you won't waste discs.