1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mores questiosn from me

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kunalk, Mar 18, 2007.

1. kunalk

kunalk Member

i use ANY DVD to take off protection from the dvd but im usin 8.5 gb dvds which is getti expensive...so first ? can i still use DVD shrink when i use ANY DVD...if so how do i do that...2nd do i have to use dvd shrink at all, is there another prgrm i can use to shrink dvd to 4.7 gb thats easier to use?

2. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Yes DVD Shrink and ANYDVD work well together. In fact, ANYDVD is compatible with most all programs. Other compression programs used by many of the forum members here are NERO Recode and CloneDVD. Take a look at this site to see how many different combinations there are to compresss and burn dvds.

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/index.htm

3. pstamer

pstamer Guest

You might want to be careful using anydvd and shrink for newer movies. I've had cases where I've wanted to copy the entire disc and due to newer protection doesn't complete the process when using these 2 progs.

4. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

@pstamer: Excellent point. There are always a few movies that are exceptions (mostly new releases), so it is good to have alternate software/methods to rip and burn. The site I mentioned in my above post gives you good alternatives...