Mortal Kombat Deception on evoX (ain't workin')

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by blad3, Oct 10, 2005.

1. blad3

blad3 Guest

I have x-box evoX mod chip ( unleash X build 565 dashboard )
    I downlaoded Mortal Kombat Deception ISO, extract it, put it into my xbox, start the game and when it loads it suddenly crashes and puts me back to the dashboard...... My fired expieriences the same problem with hte same xbox chip and dashboard... Can u plz tell me how to fix this or at least, what is the problem... ???

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I dont know if this will help but I had the same situation happen to me. But my Xbox is softmodded but using UnleashX and had trouble with a few loading up then going back to the dashboard. I searched for this problem on google and was told to either FTP or use your HDD explorrer on your Xbox and find the CACHE folder(mine was on E partiton) and empty it.

I did what was sugested and it worked. So maybe try that and see.

Let me know if it helped.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  3. blad3

blad3 Guest

Nope... It hasn't helped... Maby u have any other ideas? Post them if u do plz!

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Actully I found this off the net searching for your problem you was having and then I recalled I had this issue with Far Cry game I downloaded. It wold reboot to dashboard. The problem was. that it was a PAL game and I had an NTSC Xbox. The game I downlaoded wasnt labeled as a PAL or NTSC game so maybe you could try that and see. I have seen alot of other sites saying that was the problem and they switched thier dashboards to autoplay PAL games in NTSC video mode.

You said you used UnleashX
    So the fix was:

Go into your settings and change the autoswitch video mode to: YES
    to do this go to SYSTEM/SETTINGS/VIDEO DISPLAY Now down the list under video mode properties it says Auto Switch. If it says NO change it to say YES. save the settings reboot and then try playing the game.

Also some people said they deleted the game save file of MC deseption and then reloaded it and it played.

Also below is another thread with somone having the same issue as you are with Mortal Kombat Deception restarting to thier dashboard maybe keep an eye on that thread as well to get information on how to fix the problem.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/242389

Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  5. StormLTU

StormLTU Member

Delete game save... Change video mode autoswitch on... Didn't help at all.... The same... Launch... Some blinks and back to the dashboard...

6. blad3

blad3 Guest

It still not working :( , I tried almost everything and it gives no result...

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Other possibilitys:

Cheap media
    burned to fast
    flaw in the download itself

Do you have another friend with a diffrent chip or an Xbox that is softmodded to see if it works with thier Xbox? Could be just a bad download or disc burn.

Did you try to extract the ISO game file out with ISO buster and FTP the game folder to your Xbox and play it off the HDD?

If it works doing that then it will probably tell you that you made a bad burn copy of the game.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  8. blad3

blad3 Guest

It's only me and StormLTU ( the only person I know who have xbox ) and they're modded same, and yes, I tried to play it from HDD and it still crashes... Perhaps (I hope) it's downloaded badly as you said... Anyway, thx for the help:).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
  9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

OK 1 more thing

You said you downloaded the ISO and extracted it. Did you extract the ISO with a program like Quix or ISObuster or you mean extracted it as to extracted it from the WinRAR files?

The only other thing i can think is that the ISO your burrning to disc isnt an xISO

10. blad3

blad3 Guest

It's realy xISO, but I've extracted it with cmd command XDFSExtract, put it to my xbox HDD and, as I said, it crashes...