1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mother board question

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jays_xp, Sep 20, 2004.

1. jays_xp

jays_xp Member

this might not be the place for this [psot] correction = [post] but hoping to not step on any toes in here by posting this here. and since that i have gotten such great responce from scubba pete and his speedyness replies here. and his cool friend fast frank wich has also been suppling the great help here in the forums i figured to give it a shot.
    i have mother board troubles and was woundering if there is any suggestions or other forums known for helping me out. everything is intergrated on to the board and when i turn it on i get no video as if i was running the computer with out a video card. any help is greatly appreciated.im using all of the hardware from that computer on this computer for over a year ext. the harddrives the memmory cables power supply cd-roms and all works fine! no problems at all. was thinking maybe that one of the componets on the board might have popped!
    smell no smoke see no smoke. so thinking that maybe im still able to save it.

thanks guys and have a great day!

¤•,:`~JAYS_XP~`:,•¤ ¤•,:`~PEACEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!~`:,•¤

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]¤•,:`~JAYS_XP~`:,•¤[/small]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

If you post in the HARDWARE section of the Forum -- you would have better luck at getting some help ! ~~smiles.

3. jays_xp

jays_xp Member

Thanks Bro! For The Info!
    cheers~! smiles~!

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*moved*

5. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the m825, it is a piece of cr*p (it will run IF it is unstressed, e.g. DURON 1Gig or slower, PC133 Ram underclocked, decent PSU).

Cheap boards are just not worth it..

Get an ASUS (NOT ASROCK).

Just my opinion (based on years of experience).

6. jays_xp

jays_xp Member

<-----is major fan of [ASUS]

drchips (Senior Member) 20. September 2004 @ 19:54
    Hiya,

Do yourself a BIG favour and ditch the m825, it is a piece of cr*p (it will run IF it is unstressed, e.g. DURON 1Gig or slower, PC133 Ram underclocked, decent PSU).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is just more of the same:

that is the best answer, i would have to agree with you totaly and the company is just as great as their boards are hahahha and support what support! ONLY WHEN THEY HAVE YOU IN THE STORE THEY WILL SUPPORT YOU TO BUY IT! AND YOUR ON YOUR OWN FROM THERE! THIS IS ONLY BASED ON MY OPINION.[bash,bash,bash]http:\\www.pcchips.com
    just figured that i payed money for this board that maybe get it up and running for the lil one but i wouldn't insult her like that and for that matter any of my enemies. either!

thanks guys! this board blows!!!!!!!!
    brothers and guests!

7. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

Not quite sure what you meant by your post,
    were you saying ASUS is cr*p? and no support?

Where I live (U.K.) ASUS gives a 3 year exchange warranty on their boards (as they do throughout EMEA, I LOVE the British Consumer Protection Act).

PcChips only gives a 1 year warranty (legal minimum).

And the shop/supplier that sold the equipment to you is legally obliged to support/exchange (under many instances that obligation lasts for 6 years).

I don't know what the situation is where you are.

If you want/must continue to use the PcChips board, have you tried using an AGP graphics card (if there is a slot), or a PCI Graphics card to see if it boots?

Another point:
    PcChips boards of that range are fussy about PSU's, try disconnecting drives from the power, then boot.

You could also try zapping the CMOS, remove the battery, wait 10 minutes, replace, then try again.

Also try removing Ram, replace, try again.

Have Fun...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  8. jays_xp

jays_xp Member

jays_xp (Newbie) 20. September 2004 @ 21:56
    [bold]<-----is major fan of [ASUS][/bold]

drchips (Senior Member) 20. September 2004 @ 19:54
    Hiya,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is just more of the same:

that is the best answer, i would have to agree with you totaly
    and the company [bold]pcchips is just as great as their boards are[/bold] hahahha and support what support! ONLY WHEN THEY HAVE YOU IN THE STORE THEY WILL SUPPORT YOU TO BUY IT! AND YOUR ON YOUR OWN FROM THERE! THIS IS ONLY BASED ON MY OPINION.[bash,bash,bash]http:\\www.pcchips.com
    just figured that i payed money for this board that maybe get it up and running for the lil one but i wouldn't insult her like that and for that matter any of my enemies. either!

thanks guys! this board blows!!!!!!!!
    brothers and guests!

¤•,:`~JAYS_XP~`:,•¤
    JUST SAYING THAT ASUS IS A GREAT COMPANY AND THAT PCHIPS ARE CRAP! BOARDS SORRY FOR THE MESSED INFO BRO! WAS TIERED!
    THANKS AGAIN! GUYS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY BRO'S
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]¤•,:`~JAYS_XP~`:,•¤[/small]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004