1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motherboard graphic card conflict

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by psycho, May 20, 2004.

1. psycho

psycho Member

I have an epox motherboard model epox EP-8K9A with AGPx8. when i installed my new graphic card ,gigabyte- model GV-R96P128DH with ATI 9600pro chipset, there was no picture(there was a massege on the monitor that the picture is out of range).
    i formatted my HDD and installed the card driver on a clean system (my os is window XP). the card worked only in AGPx4 mode and when i updated my motherboard drivers i encounterd the same problem as befor (picture out of range).
    Acording to epox's motherboard manual it supports AGPx8 so i don't seem to find the problem.

any help would be great
    thank's

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi psycho, Does your mother board have on board video? If it does, you have to disable it before you can install another card. I think you can do it in the device manager. If not there then in the bios.

Jerry

3. psycho

psycho Member

motherboard model epox EP-8K9A does not have on board video.
    in addition:
    the motherboard chipset is via KT400 and when i install the 4 in 1 driver (via driver's) which suppose to update my AGP, the windows crash after the windows xp logo.

my CPU:Athlon xp 2400+

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I had a KL133 Epox board a while back. When I upgraded to XP on it, I also upgraded the 4 in 1 package and it crashed. Installed the old drivers and it is still working for a friend of mine who bought it. Could be the drivers.

Jerry