1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboard Ques.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Vios, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Vios

Vios Member

Hey all,

i recently aquired a 900 mhz soyo motherboard from a a friend that was his old one. I brought it to another friends and was trying to set it up. I took a case that i had in my basement to mount the board on. I had a few older cases in his basement. I needed a power supply so i took the power supply from an old dell 100mhz machine. The power supply was an atx forum, and it was 230 watts max. I screwed in the power supply to the board and started to hook up the power switch and led's and such. I went to turn the machine on and nothing.I tried for like an hour, tyring to gfigure out which way the power switch was supposed to go on the board, later going to soyo's website finding out that i was right with hoooking up the switch. Now my only like leads are 1) the board is completly fried, but it doensdt look like it, 2) the power switched is messed, 3) maybe the motherboard requires a 300 watt power supply. I was on soyos website and it seeems that i may be right, i dont actually have an extra power supply in my supplyu, but i can go to a friends and borrow his. Can i get some input maybe? Anyone think im right with the 300watt power supply thing. I didnt get the model off the board but i kno its a 900mhz soyo, either amd or intel. Hit me bak with feedbak plse.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

take the board & psu out of the case. hook up the psu to the motherboard, have both the ram & videocard installed on the motherboard. use a small screw driver, touch the 2 pins on the motherboard that is supposed to be for the power switch. on the psu make certain the voltage selector switch is set to 115v if in north america. also make certain the on/off switch on the psu is set to on when trying to power the motherboard.

3. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

i would just guess it is the powersupply, try a bigger one from another comp

4. ddp

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

LMAO......I saw this thread and wanyted to post that link, but couldn't find it...............LOL

Thanks ddp, have now book marked that now...........

6. ddp

teach & learn

7. gamename

gamename Regular member

go with a400watt ps. then u can do what you want. they r pretty cheap too.