1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTHERBOARD!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Shad, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Shad

Shad Regular member

I had recently bought an ecs k7s5a pro but it had too many problems so i returned it to newegg. I am now thinking of buying an MSI K7T TURBO 2. Out of about 90 people that bought it, it has 5 stars. and i really only need a cheap board to support around 1 ghz of amd. Also I have 3 pc-133 memory that i am reusing. I also have an agp 4x video card so i guess that this board is pretty good. Do you have any suggestions? The link to this motherboard is: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-130-035&catalog=22&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1 _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 V7 / DMS3 V2.0
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sony - Internal DVD ±RW/±R/CD-RW Drive
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sony VAIO Digital Studio Desktop with Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3.9GHz
    ---------------------[/small]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2003
  2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Decent board, i think i sold enough of those :)

3. JimmyX

JimmyX Member

MSI makes good boards, but I'm a big fan of Intel boards. You get a great mainboard, chipset, and regular updates. I can recomend D865PERL. It is moderately priced (about $130 or better online) and supports 2.8 ghz CPU. However, you would need new memory, so this might not be an option for you at this time.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

The best mobo for its price and class is the ASUS A7V333 which you should be able to pick up in stores for 100 (CAD) easy. Do some reseach and youll find a sweet deal. Infortunately it uses PC2700 and not PC133.

If you want a good old AMD board look up MSI and some of the Soyo's (yea Soyo, so make sure you look VERY carefully, their quallity is sporadid at best)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.addictz.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2003