1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle Diaries and Saw, problems with DVD Shrink 3.2

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by currahee, Feb 15, 2005.

1. currahee

currahee Guest

Ok is there a new AnyDVD or DVD Decryptor b/c now Focus Films is using some weird protection so that I cannot back-up my copies of

Motorcycle Diaries
    Saw
    Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

What a headache I have from trying to back them up with DVDDecryptor and then DVD Shrink 3.2. I tried everything from Re-Author DVD to back-up Full Disc and it just gets stuck at 80% complete. I am using RItek Data DVD-R media at 8x speed.

When is DVD Shrink going to update their software to deal with all these issues, anyone know or can try and see what to do to back up these films?

2. dayoff

dayoff Member

AnyDVD running in the background worked for Saw. You can download the demo for 30 a day trial period.

I hear the guy that writes Shrink went to work for Nero so don't expect any updates.

3. evilsatan

evilsatan Member

Have you got the latest version of DVD Decrypter which could do Resident Evil: Apocalypse? Could be the same new protection used.

4. blitzen

blitzen Member

i used shrink and anydvd and no problems with full disk

5. evilsatan

evilsatan Member

I had no problems with Saw, havn't tried the other two, I use latest AnyDVD and latest Shrink with latest DVD Decrypter.

6. calicobra

calicobra Member

I tried backing up Saw with newest Shrink, decrypter, and even while using newest AnyDVD. No luck! Just get cycle redundency error at about 27%. Still need help on this one!

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

It must be the dvd because I didnt have any trouble with motorcycle diaries.I havent tried Saw yet.

8. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

9. ZRT800

ZRT800 Member

Saw worked fine for me using shrink and Nero

10. krk9095

krk9095 Guest

I copied Saw last night using DVDCypher, DVDShrink and Nero buring at the 2.4X spee.

11. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Try a different disk, possibly from a Video store to see if it will work for you. CRC is a bad disk error. If others can do it, then you should too. Something else is the problem here.

12. westbrom

westbrom Guest

saw does not have the new protection on, use shrink.. also i did the grudge and there was no new protection on that

boing boing baggies baggies

13. djcazaman

djcazaman Member

that error that your getting means their is a scratch on the dvd or it is dirty sometimes even a minute scratch will cause a problem get another copy of the dvd'd n u have no problem i myself have backed-up "saw" with no problems

14. calicobra

calicobra Member

I finally got Saw to backup by returning my purchased copy and getting a new copy. There must have been a scratch or imperfection on the first disk. Thank you all for your help on this board!

15. ecoughli

ecoughli Member

My copy of SAW gets anydvd 4.5.7.1 clonedvd2 2.7.5.1 error that the cd in encrypted and can't be read. DVD Decryptor gives error "device aithentication failed - failed to send challenge key"...all programs are latest releases so it may be release particular, or some SAW dvd's are burned differently with encryption? The DVD player plays SAW just fine, no errors, no scratches???

16. westbrom

westbrom Guest

i did saw no probs i also done little black book.. use vobblanker with antdvd

boin boing baggies baggies

17. westbrom

westbrom Guest

its anydvd ... just saw my mistake

boing boing baggies baggies

18. lipper

lipper Guest

As simple as it seems i have had the same problem problems basically the same using Platinum dvd x copy I was able to resolve issu by washing disc in disc cleaner. I also use AnyDVD, Shrink, and decrypter since I got ANYDVD problems have been few.

19. ecoughli

ecoughli Member

Anydvd, gives the message "it will deactivate for this DVD" when it is inserted in drive, I don't see what/how vobblanker will do for me. Will it create an unecrypted file on my disk of the DVD? If yes...then anydvd is doing nothing additional. Does that make sense?

20. ecoughli

ecoughli Member

Lipper - The SAW DVD is encrypted, anydvd can't read it and deactivates. So what are you saying....what decrypted SAW for you??? Doesn't sound like you have that same problem or are trying it on "SAW"???