1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola Flash Device / Multi FlashFlex

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by SurferM, Mar 27, 2005.

1. SurferM

SurferM Member

Hi,
    Ive been trying to flash my V80 as it now has a corupt flash (I believe).

Well to start If its plugged into the usb port the power button or *# and the power button do absolutly nothing. If the phone is unplugged from everything if you push power the phones keylights will come on for a second or so and then turn out, trying to put it into boot mode also seems to have no effect. When the phone is plugged into power if u hold the on/off button youll get the keylights to light for 20secs or so then go off. Also if you turn on with #* it does go into boot mode. I dont know that because of any lights or anything because the screen never comes on (hasnt since the flash corupted i think) no key lights come on either. However if u do the #* power with it plugged in and then switch to the usb cord, windows then recongizes it as a flash netpune device the first time u install it. After installing with the drivers in pst it turns the phone off and u can go through the process above to put it back into boot mode and plug it back into the usb.

So once its installed and everything and put into boot mode from the power cord and switch to the usb cord, the computer shows it in device manager as:

Motorola USB Device
    --- Motorola Flash Device

Which I believe is correct... However when i go into FlashMultiFlex or any other pst tool it cannot see the phone at all, it shows no devices...

So im real unsure of what to do... I had it working a couple of days or so but it was not acting as funny about putting it into boot mode, in other words, i could do it while the usb was in. When it was working like that I did get it to flash a few times, but didnt have the correct monster, which I now have... Hence my desire to get MultiFF to see it again...

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,
    SurferM

AIM: SurferMatti
    Email: Surf@hawaii.com

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

if u kept trying to go to the flash mode it will work, one time took me 25 mins to get it work...

3. chorro

chorro Member

is there a new flash file for the v80??

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

am not too sure but that there is not....