1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola Hackers Bible - NO POSTING EMAIL ADDIES

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by mossyy, Mar 15, 2005.

1. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

open the MPT go Menu>Setup>Live Update.....

2. v80crazy

v80crazy Guest

I just bought an unlocked v80 from ebay. Knew it was going to be a problem when I poened the box and the manuals were in FRENCH! I downloaded them but now the problem I am running into is not being able to get to the internet from the phone. I am on T-mobile. They have sent me the browser set up and it did not work (they are treating it as a v600 since they do not support the v80). I changed the opcode, reset it to factory settings, resent the signals...is there anything else to do? I just want to get to my 3gupload locker! I love the phone and do not want to return it, but I can't get it to work. I can't even get my aol IM to work. Thanks! Alex

3. bellgoth

bellgoth Guest

Hi, I two had this problem but on o2, it took me a number of times ringing up the bloody company (2 months). Eventually (3 weeks ago) I had to go through all my internet settings with a guy over the phone to get it working. After 45mins of entering all the data manually, He sent me a web browser text and everything worked and still does.

Only thing i can suggest is keep ringing T-Mobile until someone knows what their are talking about. I know T-Mobile can set it up, as my Girl Friend also has the same phone and she got it up and wroking on the first day by ringing em...

If no luck i'm sure somebody here will help you out

4. BS2005

BS2005 Guest

5. ACDCMain

ACDCMain Member

@ BS2005
    why does it matter if he copied it word-for-word @ least knows what he is talking about ^^ and he only copied if for oteher ppl who havent seen that site b4 so he could help them!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

Thank You!!!

ACDCMain

7. AlmostOz

AlmostOz Member

Hi

just want to say that this site is really cool

Ive got a brick (ie an a835) (its better than my nokia3210) and i ve spent a few hours reading stuff, and finally got the mpt 3.11 going and recognising my phone. No trouble transfering mp3 onto my phone, but i have two problems.

1)When i go to use multimedia studio to make a ringtone, and transfer it, it tells me that (unable to trasfer, mp3 codec may not be supported)

2) when i go to transfer a picture, it tells me, "error, white space not allowed" (wierd huh)

if you can help us out thatd be cool

8. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

try uploading using the P2Kman instead of the MPT and it should work....

9. AlmostOz

AlmostOz Member

got p2kman going after installing the drivers, so it recognises my phone, bt it fails when i try to transfer something using the phone_>pc button

any ideas?

and is there anywhere to download premade moto ringtones?

10. AlmostOz

AlmostOz Member

File upload... /apc0033_RJ.jpgGENERIC FAILURE

thats what p2k says

11. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

try to rename the picture.....

12. marius2du

marius2du Member

I have two questions for motorola e398:
    1) how can I copy and install java games onto e398 via bluetooth?
    2) is there any possibility to acces Phonebook in MPT software when the phone is not connected (off-line) ?

Thx for your answers,
    MARiUS

13. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

about transfering games i have discuss about that in some thread u just need to use the search function to find it .... about the phone book u can use either excel or outlook to c them but u have to save the phonebook to ur computer....

14. ciocolata

ciocolata Member

okay....i really screwed up my phone.
    have a v220 phone.
    was working with seem editing and i backed up my gain_table.bin
    i was trying to do some ringtone volume editing, but when i went to save it and upload it to my phone i saved it to the original file and it screwed up my phone and now i have no original gain_table file to back-up to, so now i have no sound coming from my phone at all.
    everything works on my phone i just have no sound coming when it rings...oh man what a dope i am....so if someone has the original gain_table.bin file for a v220...pg me and if i could get it from you i would run to your home and kiss your feet and give you a shiny new dollar...haha...trying to laugh because i think i am going to cry.

15. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

PM me ur email and i'll send it over for u , with adjusting the volume..... :D

16. ciocolata

ciocolata Member

okay...so here is me being stupid and it being really late and i am tired.
    so i am sitting here wondering how i can fix this when all of a sudden i think to myself...self...my wife has the same phone as me...just download her gain_table and upload it to my phone and..viola...it worked...what a dope am i.
    still wondering about the volume increase...when i look at xlr8's website about editing offset 49...it says "00" in hex address 49...so do i go into edit...by the way i am using "xvI32"...and use insert string...and change the text string or the hex string..i am newbie for sure?

17. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

HaHaHa :D

well send me ur gain table and i'll do it for u .....

18. AlmostOz

AlmostOz Member

ive got two computers - one thats connected to the net (both running xp) and one thats not. One has service pack two and the other doesn't. I found that if you use a computer that doesn't have service pack 2 on it it runs really easily.

Still have a question tho
    ive managed to get mpt melody studio to save the mp3 ringtone i want, and then transfer that section to my phone. however my phone only recognises it as an mp3 and i can't use it as a ring tone (a835)
    ive tried saving it as the different file types available

any suggestions?

19. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

well u have to use the P2Kman, then go to the a/mobile/audio directory Delete two files ends with .db restart ur fone and it will work,,,,

20. AlmostOz

AlmostOz Member

thanks mossy ill give it a go