1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola mobile phone tool problem error line5 position 20

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by jyn0477, Mar 18, 2005.

1. jyn0477

jyn0477 Guest

Problem sorted---------- Found this error poped up when wife tried to upload her pictures to comp.
    (Line 5 Position 20 Whitespace not allowed )
    After much hair tuggin and serching, the problem easely sorted by entering pictures on phone and re-nameing them without any commas fullstops or & signs
    reinstalling MPT -then they tranfered no probs.
    Hope this saves someone the headache I had
    Good luck

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

thnx for the info jyn0477 :D

3. Mike96Z

Mike96Z Member

Mine is Line 32, Position 21. What does that mean?

4. jyn0477

jyn0477 Guest

Hi Mike 96z , not come across that one yet, will look into it , you dont say the complete error message-- if it is in pics, if it said (whitespace error) try as I did .Whitespace error means it wont recognise certain abbreveations and (, ./@ *&%$£ ) that type of thing ...please post full error message and I will see if i can solve it . good luck
    jyn0477

5. jyn0477

jyn0477 Guest

6. PorkRinds

PorkRinds Member

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what it was!

RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aside from that I have tried for literally months to get the software to recognize my phone. I recently had to reformat my drives and after that it initialized the phone but kept coming up with the Whitespace error. What a @#$%ing fiasco this has been from the getgo. And getting anybody from motorola or the phone company to give you any information is like pulling teeth.

Some good news is that I don't think you have to reinstall MPT after renaming your files. I simply turned my phone off and then back on again while connected to my PC and it worked like a charm. I am so happy to say that this ordeal is over. I have wasted SO MUCH time putzing around with this hunk of crap.

7. jyn0477

jyn0477 Guest

Calm down m8 lol
    Know just how you feel,did my head in till I found out from other forums ,motarola help left a lot to be desired, that said the prog. itself is pretty good you can modify mpg files in it then put onto phone and put midi files straight onto your phone plus swaping piccys about ..
    Glat its sorted anyway good luck m8