1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola MOTO EM330...HELP w/downloading from PC

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by TPBfan, Aug 3, 2009.

1. TPBfan

TPBfan Member

You guys have been such a big help to me with other topics that I am coming to you with help for my new phone...a last ditch effort so to speak.

We switched from T-Mobile to AT&T because the coverage was really bad in our area and we could get a bundled plan discount. So, we wanted a phone similar to our old Razr, but with better music capabilities; so I wouldn't have to take the phone AND the ipod while I was working out. This seemed like a good fit.

Here's the issue...with the help of all of you tech gods at Afterdawn; I've become pretty good at making my own ringtones...for OTHER people. I've tried following the guides, I got the mini-USB cable but I just can NOT figure out how to get my ringtones (and my music for that matter) on to this damn phone! I even picked up the optional memory card specificly so I could put my music on it! There is no way I am going to pay AT&T for music I already have on my PC. (Windows Vista Home Premium Edition)

I did read at the official Motorola forum that the phone is not Mobile Phone Tools compatable(which I have seen mentioned in many of the threads and guides.) So what do I do? Is there anything I can do? Is this phone just too new for there to be any help? I still have some time in my 30-day trial of this phone. If no one can figure out how to help me get my music and ringtones on this phone then I am going to return it and get another one. If I do that I am open to suggestions. I don't need anything fancy...I just liked the idea of being able to put my music on this one. *SIGH*

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  2. TPBfan

TPBfan Member

No help yet? :( I am thinking this may be a lost cause.

3. TPBfan

TPBfan Member

After much angst, I've figured it out however, if someone would like to tell me how to delete all the crap that comes on the phone - like their ringtones and such, I'd be much obliged.

Now I am going to try to figure out how to get some games on the phone for free to keep my boys amused during long doctors visits and such. I know Ms.Pac-Man and Bejewled are out there but cost a fortune. If anyone would like to help me figure out how to get those on this particular phone from the PC, I'd be a VERY happy camper too.

Thanks. :)