1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola RAZR V3 connection problems

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by sirksam, Jun 18, 2007.

1. sirksam

sirksam Regular member

Hi, I just bought a Motorola RAZR V3 today. I got the USB cable but no CD, I have downloaded P2K and the driver files. I don't know how to setup the driver files, because there is a lot of them. When I plug my phone into the computer using USB, it says device not recognized. So can somebody tell me in exact steps what programs I need and how to install the drivers properly and what else to do. It would be REALLY appreciated.

2. BootMe

BootMe Regular member

Make sure your phone is not connected to the PC at this time.

First, lets remove any drivers that you have previously installed for your phone (this will help solve your connection problem).

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/21/672957/Razr_files/RazrFiles2.zip

Download the file "Razrfiles2.zip". Extract this anywhere you see fit.
    Now, double click the "devmgr" file. This should run the device manager.

[​IMG]

Click the view menu, and select "Show Hidden Devices". Navigate to the Modems catagory, click the + next to it. It will expand. Remove all traces of Motorola USB Modem. Do this by right clicking over the item and selecting "Uninstall" Next, navigate to the Motorola USB Device Catagory (if its there), click the +, and uninstall everyone of the items in there. Finally, navigate to the Universal Serial Bus controllers catagory, click the +, and uninstall all "Unknown devices".

Now, lets run the other file that you downloaded, "DriverTool". This will go through and delete any drivers left over for your phone.
    [​IMG]

Plug your phone into the computer.
    Windows will detect your phone.

XP will detect the phone, and prompt for drivers, direct it to wherever you have them saved... (Check "Install from list or specific location")

Check the Install from List or Specific Location box, and click next.
    Click Include This Location In The Search, and Click Browse.
    Now locate the file that you downloaded, you must have extracted it.

Find the DRV folder within the newp2k folder, Click ok, and then finish out the installation.

Click Finish

Once the drivers are installed, unplug the phone, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in.

Run the p2ktools.exe application on the PC

Your phone will now switch modes ..might take a few seconds, and then it will prompt for more drivers. If it doesn't switch modes, try leaving your phone plugged in and turning it off and then on. Once again direct it to where you have them saved. (This is the SAME place as before) After it finds numerous devices, you're all set...almost.. Like I said it will find a few different things, but the drivers are all in that "drv" folder that was in the ZIP download.

9 Once its done installing all those devices, unplug the Phone from PC, CLOSE P2KTools applcation and RESTART the P2KTools application.

10. Plug phone in and enjoy. You'll see in the bottom left corner, it shows disconnected (RED DOT) Once you plug your phone back in, it will be Connected and show the GREEN DOT!

*adapted from apristel's connection guide*

Hope this helps!

3. sirksam

sirksam Regular member

Wow kool! Thanks alot man!

4. BootMe

BootMe Regular member

Not a problem!
    I had to go through all that when I started with my phone :)

Glad I could help.

5. CruzDavid

CruzDavid Regular member

looks great but cant copy and paste because it says its a read only enviroment.

6. dmarquar

dmarquar Member

Will the file upload above work for me? I have a RAZR phone and have software on my laptop that I use.. but my hubby just got a RAZR phone and he doesn't have an account... isn't going to use the phone for talking.. just wants to use the camera part.. We don't have my laptop here.. it is being used else where so don't have access to the software I have.. (I never had a disk.. only a download)... so am looking for software that he can connect to his RAZR so he can transfer pictures back and forth from the phone to the computer.. we don't need any of the other functions of the software particularly.

Thanks... pm me if you want to send message directly (I read that I can't post my email addy so I won't)

~D

7. BootMe

BootMe Regular member

dmarquar;

You will benifit from a program called P2KTools 3. This is a great program, and one that I fequently use.

You can transfer audio, image and video back and forth from the phone to your computer, it's a great piece of software.

First you'll need to download the software, found here; http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3400

Then you'll need to download the drivers to use this software;
    http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2239

You need to install the program first, then you'll need to open the file in the other download to install the drivers once your phone's connected.

Then, after a number of drivers have been installed for your phone (about 4), you can use the program.

If you have any problems just reply, I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

8. david1550

david1550 Member

i did all the steps and i can't get it to work it installs it as Motorola USB Modem still

9. BootMe

BootMe Regular member

What program are you trying to use?

10. david1550

david1550 Member

the ones that you said

11. BootMe

BootMe Regular member

Right, well I cannot assist much further unless you give me more detail on what the problem is.

The only thing that I can think of is that you've not removed all the previous drivers? Or, try using a different USB port?

12. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

many thanks BootMe. had a V3 for a while now, but could never get P2KTools to work. used your guide, worked like a charm.

13. BootMe

BootMe Regular member

Glad it worked.

I, however, cannot take credit for the guide; I've simply showed you the way I made P2K tools work for me, using a few other guides.

14. Sam_F28

Sam_F28 Member

Hi,
    Got a RAZR V3C, I followd your instructions but P2KTools does not detect the phone. It always shows disconnected sign. how should I fix it?
    Thanks

15. BootMe

BootMe Regular member

Run through the instructions again; making sure its all done, then disconnect the phone before you load P2K Tools. Load the program, then connect the phone. You may have to wait / unplug and plug the phone in a few times for it to start installing ALL the drivers.

If this doesn't work, then it may be an issue with the V3c.

Hope that helps.