1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola RAZR V3c Phone (Verizon Wireless)

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by sorta_guy, Jun 20, 2006.

1. sorta_guy

sorta_guy Member

Hi,

Sorry if its a repeat question, I am new here.

I need to know how to upload ringtones/picture etc from the pc (Windows XP) to my new Motorola RAZR V3c Phone (Verizon Wireless).??

Please reply to my email.. kalakandi@hotmail.com

thanks,
    Sandy

2. takumikai

takumikai Member

If you want to transfer files and stuff from PC to Motorola RAZR V3c, you need the following:

1 Motorola RAZR V3c Phone
    1 Mini-USB Cable (anyone will do) -or- a Bluetooth Dongle -or- Use the WAP internet browser to upload files to the phone (I would try http://www.zedge.no)
    1 PC (Windows XP is discussed here)
    1 USB Driver
    1 Copy of Motorola Phone Tools (a.k.a. MPT)

---
    GETTING THE SOFTWARE

1. You must first get Motorola Phone Tools which you need to pay for. However, I downloaded it from here: http://www.uploading.com/en/?get=SXANZEUX

2. You also need to get the USB driver. I'm not sure if this will work, but try this site: http://www.cellphonemall.net/wireless/store/accessorydetail.asp?id=41872 and click on Motorola USB Drivers under download manuals and USB drivers below (should be found on the bottom of the page area).

---
    INSTALLING THE USB DRIVER

1. Unzip/Unpack the file that contains the driver if necessary.

2. Connect your Motorola RAZR V3c to your computer via USB. The computer should kind of recognize it and the Add New Hardware Wizard should now appear. At this screen, there should be three checkboxes (or radio buttons) that talk about connecting to Windows Update to search for the driver. Click [bold]No, not this time[/bold]. Then click [bold]Next >[/bold]

3. You should get a screen that now says where to install software from. Select the checkbox (or radio button) that states, [bold]Install from a list of specific location (Advanced)[/bold] and click [bold]Next >[/bold]

4. Select the checkbox (radio button) that says [bold]Search for the best driver in these locations.[/bold] and some grayed text, text boxes and checkboxes should be ungrayed. Uncheck [bold]Search removable media (floppy, CD-ROM...)[/bold] and check [bold]Include this location in the search:[/bold].

5. The Browse button and the Address drop down list should now be selectable. Select [bold]Browse[/bold] and find the folder that contains the driver. Upon finishing, click [bold]Next >[/bold].

6. Upon clicking [bold]Next >[/bold], the wizard should find and install the driver (if it doesn't, then get another USB driver). Also, note that if the wizard complains about driver signatures, just keep pressing [bold]Continue Anyway[/bold].

7. The Wizard should finish the installation by itself. Once finished, press the [bold]Finish[/bold] button.

---
    INSTALLING THE MOTOROLA PHONE TOOLS (MPT) PROGRAM

1. Unzip the file if necessary.

2. Run [bold]setup.exe[/bold]

3. Complete the wizard and install the program.

---
    CONNECTING YOUR PHONE TO MOTOROLA PHONE TOOLS (MPT)

1. Unplug your Motorola RAZR V3c from your computer.

2. Run the program.

3. After it loads, it tells you to select a profile. Create a profile called Temp.

4. At this point, a window pops-up and asks you how your phone is connected to the PC. Select the checkbox (radio button) [bold]Cable[/bold] and click [bold]Next >[/bold]

5. The wizard should now try to find your phone. Plug your phone in now and then message should change and the progress bar will start moving, but complain at the end that it cannot. Press [bold]Finish[/bold].

6. The wizard will now ask you if you want to manually install your phone. Select [bold]Yes[/bold].

7. The wizard will ask you to find the Motorola Modem. It should appear in the menu that is provided. If it is not there, you did something wrong (try reinstalling the USB driver or finding another one). Click [bold]Next >[/bold]

8. The wizard will ask you to find your phone. Since you have the Motorola RAZR V3[bold]c[/bold] and belong to a company that uses CDMA technology, you should select [bold]CDMA[/bold] in the left column. In the right column, you will see that the Motorola RAZR V3c is not listed there. Instead, select [bold]Motorola Generic Phone[/bold] and press [bold]Next >[/bold].

9. The phone will go through a self-check. It will find your phone, but will not recognize it. This is okay. Click [bold]Finish[/bold].

10. A weird looking phone picture will appear and it will initialize itself. Wait till it fully initializes (about 30 sec.)

---
    UPDATE MOTOROLA PHONE TOOLS (MPT)

1. Click the menu button found on the phone and find Setup >. In the new dropped menu select [bold]Live Update[/bold] (sometimes this will say Update).

2. Run the update and restart the program.

3. Unplug your phone from the computer.

4. Delete the old profile (Temp) and make a new one. This time you can choose to use the default profile, or make a new one.

5. Run the wizard again (plugging the phone in at the right time), however, this time in the phone selecting wizard, you can choose Motorola V3c in the CDMA phones list. Select this if you have the Motorola V3c. Finish the wizard. The weird looking phone should now be replaced by a picture of the RAZR.

6. Run steps 1 & 2 again, updating the version to as high as it can go (v4.2.1a).

---
    TRANSFERING MUSIC/PICTURES/VIDEOS

1. Select the Multimedia Studio on the phone's menu.

2. You can now transfer files to and from the computer.

------------------------------------
    I'm sorry if my guide is a bit too long. I put everything in steps according to almost every single button click on some of the steps, so it makes the guide seem REALLY long but most of it is common sense. Good luck on trying to get this to work!~

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  3. sorta_guy

sorta_guy Member

Hello takumikai ,

Thanks for the guide & taking time to respond. I will definitely try this approach.

Thanks again.
    Sandy.

4. brents1

brents1 Member

Ok, I've followed all of the steps and everything works except I cannot access the multimedia studio. I have the options of sycronization, phonebook, calendar, text message, and internet connection. Why is Multimedia Studio not available? I have a Verizon Wireless RAZR V3C phone. Any suggestions?

5. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

verison wireless probally took this option out so you have to pay them to get pictures and stuff on,you could try flashing your phone to a different firmware but not sure if that would work for sure.

6. brents1

brents1 Member

Is there a tutorial on how to re-flash the phone? Also, can Verizon Wireless set the option to allow me to do this?

7. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

8. brents1

brents1 Member

9. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

yeah it should work,but you more than likely could of done it yourself for free :( neva mind.

10. brents1

brents1 Member

Yeah, I bought it last night before you had posted the link that shows you how to do it for free. Oh well. Thanks for all of you help!

11. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

lol another time wait a bit,im like that tho once you get an idea you have to do it straight away lol

12. kyrasc

kyrasc Member

Okay I have followed this tutorial and its gotten me further than I have gotten before with other tuts but I seem to be stuck on the update. It let me do it once and when I made a new profile and tried it tells me that the update engine is down. What do I do now?

13. acidbbg

acidbbg Member

I hope you either had the v3 or the v3i.

your screwed!!

It's states..if you have a v3c or other..DO NOT USE THIS GUIDE!!

CHAS

14. brents1

brents1 Member

"I hope you either had the v3 or the v3i.
    your screwed!!
    It's states..if you have a v3c or other..DO NOT USE THIS GUIDE!!"

May I ask why? I have the V3C and everything worked perfectly.

15. acidbbg

acidbbg Member

i was reffering to
    brents1

So the cd worked from ebay????

Chas

16. brents1

brents1 Member

Ah, I see.

Yeah, the CD worked fine. However, I already modified my phone before the CD even got to me. I realized after I paid for the CD that I could do the same thing for free... but oh well. I'll probably try to re-sell it it.

17. acidbbg

acidbbg Member

18. brents1

brents1 Member

19. acidbbg

acidbbg Member

anyone got a link for the v3m.

Chas

20. kyrasc

kyrasc Member

Okay, why am I screwed? The tut says for the v3c. Did I miss something? Any better suggestions??????