1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola RAZR v3t and S805 Bluetooth Headphones

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by ukdream23, Jan 3, 2008.

1. ukdream23

ukdream23 Member

I've managed to transfer mp3 files onto my RAZR and purchased the S805 Bluetooth headphones to listen to them. When using the Digital Audio Player to play the songs, I cannot hear them from the headphones. I also get a Failed message on the phone. It's paired correctly and I can make/answer phonecalls from the headphones, but I cannot listen to music.

Even if I go to Menu-->Fun&Apps-->Sounds and play a sound, I hear nothing. Any ideas?

2. ukdream23

ukdream23 Member

I think I know what the problem is. It looks like the music files I transferred to my phone have a higher bit rate that what can be played on the phone. I reduced it to 128kbps but I still cannot hear anything (recommended by Motorola). I'm in the process of reducing the files to 112kbps...

3. ukdream23

ukdream23 Member

Nope, that didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

4. Fugazi66

Fugazi66 Member

I have the exact same problem. No sound with Digital Audio Player or Menu-->Fun&Apps-->Sounds. Also, I get beeps when scrolling through the menus. When I went to the ring tone set up, as I scrolled through the choices, the phone would vibrate at each choice but the only sound heard in the headphones was a ring. When I disconnect the headphones and scroll through that menu I get the sounds associated with that ringtone.

I've also tried having a song playing through the phones speaker, and then connecting the bluetooth headphones. It connects up just fine and sound stops from the phone's speaker, but no sound in the headphones. I can talk on the phone just fine.

I sure hope someone can help, I just spent over $70 on these headphones.

5. ukdream23

ukdream23 Member

I went to the T-Mobile store to see if they could figure it out. To cut a long story short, they were useless and didn't have a clue. I then called Motorola Support and they told me the phone and the headphones are not compatible. I mentioned that they believe it is on their website. They claimed it isn't because the phone does not support A2DP, which is required to hear the music. I'm still seeing the headphones as part of the accessories category for the phone.

I ended up buying an Insignia bluetooth MP3 player which works well with the headphones.