1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motorola v220 mobile phone tools

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by rrina, May 2, 2005.

1. rrina

rrina Member

I just bought a motorola v220 phone and would like to download pictures to my computer. Does anyone if there is there a free download program to do this. At@t want to charge .50 a pic. Thank you-looking forward to any help.

2. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

You can download a free software prog. called 'mobile Phone Tools'. But a lot of people have problems trying to download and install the appropriate software, drivers and then you will have to update the programme aswell.
    The best thread to look at is one called 'Mobile Phone Tools'. It will provide you with the links and addresses to the websites to download the software from.
    I did it a few months ago and it works perfectly. I can transfer pictures, ringtones, calendar, contacts, everything basically. It is a good piece of kit to have, if you can get it up and running. It might take a few go's but persist with it cos it's worth it.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Gemma

3. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

Just checked the name of that thread, and it is called Mobile Phone Tools Download. And if you have any questions the best person to ask seems to be GeeDaddy. Or PM me.
    There is loads of pages so don't be put off, but there are some very helpful posts.

4. rrina

rrina Member

Thank you for your reply. (I am a little late, I haven't been around).

5. liltrey80

liltrey80 Member

i need help with the software frist i need to know where to get it for free my e mail is liltrey808@icqmail.com and my icq #is 191041755 and on aol it is 191041755-icq can some 1 please help me

6. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

Trey,
    Just a warning.
    IT IS BREAKING THE FORUM RULES TO POST YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS ON THREADS.

I am only letting you know because you get BANNED from the site if you do it more than once. So be warned!!

You obviously haven't bothered to look through any threads at all before posting this question cos if you had you have found the answer without having to ask!

This is the method I used to install my mPT for my V220, but as far as i know the files you need to install, are same for every make and model.

1. Make sure all the previously installed versions of MPT are deleted. Ensure you do this from the Control Panel in the Start Menu. Then, Add/Remove Programs and scroll down to mobile Phone Tools and click on remove. Also make sure that you DON"T plug the phone in with the USB cable until you have installed the programme fully.

2. Go to http://www.free.cz/motorola/ Click on mmpt_1.23c_EN.zip, the one from 9 July. Install by using an archive program to extract the files and then click on the Install/Setup icon in that folder. When it is almost installed, an error message may pop up saying something about 'getbooks'. DO NOT click OK, just CTRL+ALT+DEL and end the task. This will stop it from uninstalling.

3. Go back to the same link and download mobilePhoneTools_2.2..> from 17 May. Extract and click on the update icon you have just unzipped.

4. There are other updates you can get. But first, get it installed properly, and the programme can search for updates for itself. Next, you need to download the P2K drivers.
    Go to http://bongowireless.com/file_download.php and click on the P2k_Driver_WinXP or the one for 95-2000, if appropriate. You have to unzip them but there isn't anything that you have to install.
    MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE RIGHT P2K DRIVER FOR YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM OR ELSE YOUR PHONE AND COMPUTER WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONNECT.

I also downloaded some other drivers from this link http://www.free.cz/motorola/
    Motorola_USB_Modem_D..> 29-Jun-2004 18:22
    P2K_driver_2.3.zip 29-Jun-2004 18:19
    p2kman.zip 29-Jun-2004 18:13
    p2kman2.zip 30-Jan-2004 15:19

It is your chose whether to download these or not, cos i have to admit that i don't know if they make any difference at all. But mine certainly seems to run more smoothly since i downloaded these.
    If you do, make sure you unzip it and extract the files but there shouldn't be anything to install except i seem to remember having to install something from the Motorola USB Modem Driver file, but i'm not that sure. If you do come across a set up application icon then make sure you do it.

5. Restart your computer, when it is back up and running, plug the phone into the computer. It should automatically detect the new hardware and the drivers.

6. Once it has done that, click on the icon for MobilePhone Tools, which should be a picture of a phone with blue rings behind it. A phone will appear on your screen and the icons on the right of it are your links.

7. You will want to back-up your data from your mobile on your PC before you do any synchronising. The option to do this is in the main menu under organiser, Mobile Phone, Back-up/Restore. You can choose where to save your backed up phone data, if you choose.

8. If you decide to update your version, you can do it through the Live Update option in the main menu.

It will download all of the versins of MPT from the web and install them on your phone, you do get the chose of which ones you want to install, but i would highly recommend that you DL all the versions available.It should update the software to v3.25. Which mine updated to last week, so i thibk that is the latest version out at the moment, but the earlier ones are just as good.
    The only thing is, if you download version 2.21 or 3.11 or whatever without installing the first version - v1.23- aswell, you wil not be able to transfer pictures and ringtones, etc.

Let us know how you get on.
    Good Luck!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  7. dpdp22us

dpdp22us Member

Gem220,

Thanks for ALL your help, I was able to follow your direction and was able to connect my V220 thru USB cable..