1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V220 USB Data Cabel Software

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by nazdagr8, Sep 26, 2004.

1. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Evilbaby, sometimes that happens with Windows XP as far as the driver reinstallation thing. It happens with me with my PDA USB connection, occasionally with my USB scanner and occasionally with my USB hard drive that I remove from time to time. It doesn't seem to mess up anything though. Since the drivers were already installed before you don't even need to tell Windows where they are. The drivers are automatically found and reinstalled or reapplied or whatever. I agree that it shouldn't happen; unfortunately it does and I do wonder each time whether something might get fudged up.

2. nizam5007

nizam5007 Member

hi guys.i'm kinda new here.my friend bought motorola c650 including data cabel and driver.i just wanna ask, can i use his driver for my v220?

3. Good2go

Good2go Member

About Win XP SP2! First plug in your USB cable and let Windows search this drivers for you. Then install mmpt_1.23c and don't run the program!! Than install MPT 2.21b! Run the program and Live update it!

4. Risa

Risa Guest

Can anyone tell me if they have Cingular service and a V220 and can access their AOL mail? Cingular doesn't have a clue! I was with AT&T and they did it flawlessly. Cingular is AWFUL! Please help if you can.

5. TomEads

TomEads Member

O.K. I just traded in my TDMA Star Tac on AT&T for a Motorola V505 on AT&T GSM network. Yes it has a AT&T SIMM card and not a Cigular SIMM card. I then had a contact at Motorola "Unlock" the phone for me.

I also have service with Cellular One on a Nokia 3595 GSM.

I can move the SIMM cards back and forth between the phones. If I keep the phones plugged into the AC adaptors I do not even loose any settings (like the time and date). The phones then function fine based on what SIMM card is in it. I can make and receive calls, etc. And the phones show the right service on their display based on what SIMM card is in them.

I gave up trying to get a computer cable for the Nokia that worked. They are all junky things that are a joke and need to be held in place with tape and rubber bands.

I bought the Motorola Mobile Phone Tools for the V505 with the Cable. Good quality stuff. I bought it off Ebay. Version 2.0 Paid under $20.00 with shipping.

I loaded it and everything worked fine with the V505. I even did it with switching the SIMMS chip from AT&T to Cellular One and back, etc.

When I did the live update to the latest version. Everything went to hell. Can't see the phone. And half the time it locks up the computer, a Pentium 4 running Windows XP Home SP2 (came from HP with SP2 on it). I have yet to get a responce from tech support at BVRP (they wrote the software for motorola www.bvrp.com )

Can not get Phone tools to work after I updated it. If I uninstall and go back to V.2 everything works. Load and unload phone numbers and calendar. Both to phone and SIMM card.

But I can not connect to the internet. Computer and software seem to function fine. Phone dials but I loose the connection.

With the AT&T SIMM card (in the V505)I looked on the internet and it looks like I need to subscribe at an added cost to their GPRS serves.

With Cellular One SIMM card (in the V505) Cellular One tells me it should work as on their service all GSM calls are GPRS enabled, and I just get charged the normal air time. They say it should work. But I get the same results as the AT&T SIMM card. It dials and I loose the connection.

When I tell Cellular One I'm using an Unlocked V505, they tell me it will not work with there SIMM card as all SIMM cards are locked to the phone they came with. When I tell them I can make and receive voice calls with their SIMM card in the V505, they tell me I'm wrong and I can't do it.....

Hay, I'm not crazy. I know it works because I make voice calls all the time that way.

So, folks any ideas on getting things to work after I upgrade phone tools, or on why I can't do a data call on Cellular One. I know on AT&T it is a GPRS issue????
    Any work around???

Thank you all for your time. To respond just post a response here or use the PM link.

This is were I got info., on GPRS and AT&T.
    http://www.cellphonekb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/att-wireless/2163/GSM-phone-as-modem

6. nizam5007

nizam5007 Member

hi u all.i wanted to download v220 driver but those website that u all used are cannot be opened.it is still on?can anybody send me the sofware that u've already download to me?my email is NOEMAILSALLOWED@AFTERDAWN.COM

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  7. satme

satme Member

Sorry it took so long to get back, but yes I'm using a data cable. (My internet has been down since Thanksgiving) Any idea about the after market antenna?

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ nizam5007

On the chance that you may have skipped the page that contained several of my warnings you escaped getting immediately banned so here it is again:

[​IMG]

THE NEXT USER THAT POSTS AN EMAIL ADDY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DEACTIVATED!

Use the pm function to swap addies - it's at the top right of every post and looks like this --->[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  9. nizam5007

nizam5007 Member

ops...sorry!but anyway can somebody help me how to download that sofware coz none of the suggested websites are working

10. rohitdhir

rohitdhir Member

Ok i got the software and all but when i plug in the usb and it installs and stuff...it comes to device configuration...and i cant find the V220 in the list of phones... sum1 help me..

11. Ataris9

Ataris9 Member

Im trying to download games to my phone..but im kind of lost...um..if u guys know where i can download the games..that would be a great start...thanks.

12. ironidler

ironidler Member

Motorola Mobile PhoneTools 2.21b.exe
    motorola usb modem 2.0.0.4
    i installed the driver, installed MMP 1.23, then installed MMP 2.21dk, anyways, very first time i could access the "modem" part, but since then, i cant do anything, it keeps saying under drivers -> check modem, that there isnt a modem on, i tryed uninstalling everything, and tryed different drivers, but nothing works..

using winxp sp1 (not sp2).
    and im using a (USB -> USB-mini B) cable
    I't just initializing , and says mobile not connected, but it is

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
  13. deerwood

deerwood Guest

I got all the downloads but when i go to set up the mpt 1.23c it says i need a disc someone please help me it's making me nuts!!!!!!!

14. ironidler

ironidler Member

does enyone have it working if so find me on MSN messenger same name

15. ironidler

ironidler Member

this is my modem Exchange
    It doesn't make any sense to me PLZ help
    19:05:26,26 Modem <Motorola USB Modem> State ConnectTapi = 0
    19:05:26,29 CallBack Tapi entry: dwMsg = 12, hDevice = 00000000 dwParam1 = 0001004B dwParam2 = 8000004B
    19:05:34,87 Modem <Motorola USB Modem> ComPort 3
    19:05:34,87 InitReadHComm : lineOpen start OWNER
    19:05:34,92 lineOpen ret = 0
    19:05:34,92 lineMakeCall ret = 100E2, hcall = 0
    19:05:34,95 Modem <Motorola USB Modem> State ConnectTapi = 2
    19:05:46,29 Modem <Motorola USB Modem> State ConnectTapi = 143
    19:05:53,20 lineClose 0

16. LocoNut12

LocoNut12 Member

I need help!!! im not sure what i did but i deleted some of the stock ringtones so i can have more space for new ringtones. I used a program called P2k Phone Manager. Now i cant even open the ring tone setting menu. i go to settings - audio - set vibrate and ring settings and it closes out to the audio menu again!!! how can i fix this because i cant set any ringtones so my phone makes no noise when someone calls right now. also, the Mobile Phone Tools 2.2 links all throughout this thread havnt worked at all...anyone know where to get it?

17. kr7tnf

kr7tnf Member

Ya every link I clicked on here for the mpt program never shows up,I got everything else ready,using my MD cable,and it works,got the driver going,BUT NOT PROGRAM...lol,but plz some one help, oh I got a v220.

18. ironidler

ironidler Member

I got mine to work
    I had to get a new usb 2 driver for mother board
    and by pass the usb hub and connect directlly to the pc cause my hub was not USB 2
    and it works now

19. Vibester

Vibester Member

hey can someone plz help me i cant get the link to download the upgrade to work i keep getting some messed up errors can someone post a updated link

20. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

ironidler, I'm don't have my phone connected to a USB 2.0 port and it works good. Does your phone support USB 2.0 or something. That's cool. However, I bet the new driver "fixed" a problem with overall USB connectivity. But that is a good suggestion (to check for USB driver updates for your computer/motherboard), especially for those who build their own computers.

Good tip. :)